FireStudio in, But only want STEREO OUT

working with presonus and N Track

I am helping out a church sound man who I converted to Ntrack. We have the Presonus firestudio, and it records in just great. However, I want to mix the 8-track song down to one stereo file. But it keeps making multiple mixes! I’m sure there’s something simple that I’m missing; I’ve used Ntrack since 2.0, but never with the firestudio. What am I missing?

Hi Beni:
I think you may have to right-click on each track on your timeline and check the properties to make sure each track “Outputs” to the same channel on your Presonus firestudio…

I’m not a Presonus firestudio owner but I have to check that on the multi-track audio hardware I have.

I know you’ll find the issue you have with your set-up…

Bill…

errr, I may be missing the point but isn’t there a dialogue when you mix down that asks you if you want a wav file for all outputs or just the main output?

Oh, and if you don’t want to ever use the other outputs you should be able to configure them out in the Drivers section in Preferences.

That’s what I recall seeing when you right-click on the timeline’s wave file(s)… The wave file’s preferences will open asking where you want the track to “Output”… to… regarding multi-I/O audio cards… You just config. that for each track on the timeline… You then, end up with a two-track mix…

Bill…