First attempt at a love song

I’m only teasing Craig and PW.
Heck “Oh My Baby” is a stupid lov song! I’m just glad that I’m not “In Love” or I’d be a dead duck like some of you other suckers here :laugh:
I could easily write a song titled “What I Love About Love”. And then drop the second verse.
Of course that’s only an objective clear headed point of view. When it happens to ya, there isn’t much you can do about it.

Great point Jason!

Quote: (Levi @ Dec. 20 2008, 10:43 AM)

I'm just glad that I'm not "In Love" or I'd be a dead duck like some of you other suckers here :laugh:

speaking of bad luv songs, "i'm not in love" by 10cc

Ok I listened to it. Can’t knock the vocals or lyrics. Lyrical theme is very good. Music? um.

Hey, you guys should take the song and do some…uh…overdubs! that low-down guitar of yours e.g., Levi…

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 20 2008, 4:29 PM)

Hey, you guys should take the song and do some...uh...overdubs!
that low-down guitar of yours e.g., Levi...

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

If anything, replace the short guitar solo in there now with a little piano run. This tune stands on it's own without a solo distracting from it. (IMO, YMMV, etc...) Certainly not a growly, grungey blues toned solo... I hate puttin' guitar pickers outta work but... I don't hear that here. *shrug*

Of course, who gives a hoot what I think anyway? Craig? If you want a bagpipe solo in there, go for it dude!! :agree:

D
:laugh:

All I can say is...I rushed it Your Honour!!
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 20 2008, 5:42 PM)

I was serious about a sweet piano riff there though... :agree: The melody, chords and vocals stand up man. You don't need any ear-candy... It would detract IMO...

D
Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 20 2008, 4:29 PM)

Hey, you guys should take the song and do some...uh...overdubs!
that low-down guitar of yours e.g., Levi...

:laugh: at least your not asking me to sing!
Thank you!
I play pentatonic, dorian, mexiladian scales around the house.
In fact I even play soft melody themes, I just prefer hot over that goopy bs. lol
But you know Lou might be a better fit for this tune.
There is room for all kinds of reproduction.
This song could be saved.
BIMO it wouldn't even make the lift as is. It needs to be chopped, like in a motercycle shop. I agree with D about that short solo. At least chop the end off of it and transcend into an effect or other inst.

by the way TS, I wasn't blowing you off about harmony.
I only think Craig or Ange could do a much better job.

And then again maybe D has something there, I haven’t heard the bottom end. But how much bottom end are you going to get in a lift? lol

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 20 2008, 5:42 PM)

ya :laugh: Did you write all the parts? Where did you come up with the strings? Or was I dreaming?

I’ll add one more comment;

Ask Santa for some better drum/percussion samples. Better yet, send the multi-track to Bubba when his studio is finished and get some REAL drums on there. This tune is worth it man… :agree:

D

IN fact, I think a low guitar would be very bad - I was sort of kidding - but one never knows…the piano idea (and the real drum idea) - right on.