First Guitars

lol, Tina, that’s too funny :)

Actually, that guitar was designed with the speaker built into it… I think it was made by sears, but not really sure. You plugged a nine volt battery into the back to power the speaker, but someone had cut the little battery cable out

I found it!

And the maker was Synsonics. That POS on the pic is the same thing I had, lol!

Hey look at that! I could do with one of them now, i hate leads & amps & cabs. Try moving that lot around when your my size
Was it a full size guitar?

Tina

Quoting: Tom, Allison keeps saying we should have a facebook page but sarah & i are not facebook people, it’s always seemed like a way for shallow people to waste there time sharing there boring lives with a bunch of like minded cronies. I never thought of a fan page though, i dont know if weve got enough fans.

TinaM

erhmmmm… (surreptitiously closes my facebook page)

actually, in many ways, Tina, you’re right BUT… when it’s a loved one, for example one of your children who lives in another state, or an old college friend, this allows you to participate in their daily lives, almost as if they came over for coffee and you were gossiping about your lives. For those of us who are away on our own, this allows us to remain in constant touch with our friends and family in a way that really isn’t possible anywhere else…

Danny, think how cool those pickups would sound with a good body and neck!

A Columbus Les Paul - I a virtually certain that this was the brand of my 3rd guitar - I think it was third looked exactly like this Columbus LP:

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Oct. 12 2010, 12:37 PM)

Quoting: Tom, Allison keeps saying we should have a facebook page but sarah &
i are not facebook people, it's always seemed like a
way for shallow people to waste there time sharing there boring lives with a bunch of like minded cronies. I never thought of a fan page though, i dont know if weve got enough fans.

TinaM

erhmmmm..... (surreptitiously closes my facebook page)

actually, in many ways, Tina, you're right BUT.... when it's a loved one, for example one of your children who lives in another state, or an old college friend, this allows you to participate in their daily lives, almost as if they came over for coffee and you were gossiping about your lives. For those of us who are away on our own, this allows us to remain in constant touch with our friends and family in a way that really isn't possible anywhere else...

Oh, I am shallow. But FB has allowed me to connect efficiently with a lot of friends, new and old. Anyway, it's good for a bit of fan base provocation. Marketing these days is pretty much getting a bit of support here and a bit there and having it all add up.

I think I will make a DbG fan page. :whistle:
:laugh: I had the Columbus LP in black n silver. A 'friend' painted it pink with house gloss. Bless his cotton socks.

Tony, I’m glad were not the only people who mistreat guitars.

Mmm, A pink Les Paul actually sounds very appealing.

Tom, shouldnt a fan page be started by fans anyway?

Tina

Right you are, Tina! :agree:

i post earlier that my grandpa bought me my first guitar, the fender strat… anyways… my gramps died last week at the age of 96, of old age, went out at his house with my mom and grandma… i saw him the day before, so i’m glad i did that… anyways… long sob story short… he was a jazz player all his life… knew many famous people, and used to play in Vegas sometimes… anyhoo… i was left with one of his guitars. my Uncle, his son, took the Guild 150… which was awesome looking… and i’ve received the Gibson, ES 175D. just wondering if anyone can give me a clue on how to tell what year this beauty was made. here are some pictures.

thanks guys and gals… and thank you grand pa! your spirit shall live on while i play on your guitar!

ps… what strings are good for this? thank you.

Hello miDnIghtEr20C,
That is a beautiful guitar, a great way to carry on a spirit.
I’m no expert but came across this web page that mentions oval orange labels.
http://www.gibson.com/Files/downloads/bluebook/GibsonSERIALNUMBERS.pdf

I couldn’t figure where your serial number fit into all that, but it might be of some help.

thanks for checking into that… and i just saw that page too… so very confusing. i’m guessing on some clues from the guitar… so i’ll check back in here with some info as i start finding more things. :) thanks again.

Oh, my, that is a beautiful guitar. wow. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 10 2010, 9:51 AM)

Tina, why doesn't Death By Guitar have a facebook fan page?
:agree:

Because Facebook is for losers with no life whatsoever? Hmmm? Just a theory...

EDIT:

My first guitar? Well... it had no label or marking on the headstock... It played fairly well up to the fifth fret. From there on up... the strings were a quarter to a half an inch from the fretboard. Then my uncle gave me a Sears and Roebuck Lectric' guitar. It played better... but with no amp... who would know?

UJ

Ah, I see that you were constructing a compliment in the form of a modus tollens Hugh. Clever!