First recording....

First recording…

ok so I got reflecting on my first recordings…here are some of mine, anyone brave enough to post theirs?!

These are some of the first songs I ever wrote and recorded (mid to late 07)…

Sky of dreams
The way my heart falls
Over you
It’s not that way

I have to admit to coming a long way!
:whistle:
(red as a beetroot I is hehe! :angry: )
Ange x

Only had a chance to listen to “Sky of Dreams”, but I’ll listen to the others later. Production issues aside, your vocals on it are beautiful. You do an amazing job to have been at it for such a short time. Whatever really old material I have is on cassette somewhere, and I don’t know that any of my first attempts at writing were ever recorded. I may have to take a page out of the Zay playbook and re-visit a song or two. (If I can remember back that far.) In the meantime, I’ll see what I can find boxed up around here somewhere.

Your tunes are a little more catchy these days ??? …but nice bunch of tunes there!

I wrote my first tune at age 12…"Melanie when I first laid my eyes on yooooooooo, I wanted you and I wanted you to love me tooooooo, I believed that you only needed meeeeeeee, but the evidence was carved upon a treeeee…'

aaaaaahhhhhhh… :heart-break:

Did a full on recording of that too. I think its somewhere but I aint got a tape player no more!

Digging through a box of cassettes, I found a recording a friend and I made of a gig at a local community center. I gave it a listen, and was surprised to find something I didn’t even know I had a recording of. (I had forgotten how to play this, but I couldn’t sing it now anyway. Can’t hit the high notes.) Other than boosting the level, I left it as is. The cassette recorder we used had a bad habit of making tapes that play back about a half step low, or there abouts.

Tree of Stone

Ugh. Me scratch first recording on rock. It say “Ugh”. :laugh:

I’m an old guy… according to my sons…

D

Quote:

Tree of Stone

You are an awesome player Kev - some highs gone or is that a gut-string?
Quote:

You are an awesome player Kev - some highs gone or is that a gut-string?

No, it's a steel string. A Takamine I had for years, stolen a couple of years ago while I was at work, along with a couple of other guitars I had. (There's a reason they put locks on windows, it seems.) It was the easiest playing acoustic I ever had, but I like the sound of my Washburn better. My finger picking style is the main reason I don't get the ringing highs. I don't use my nails, just the meat of my thumb and index finger. And though I thank you for the "awesome" comment, I listen and just hear sloppy.

Hi all,

I was in the middle of mastering my latest (“Revolution”) album with a fresh look at mastering my first album “Rivers Of Hell” when my mother, 81, past away on Jan 5 suddenly, right in front of me, CPR, no go. Been tough on my Dad and me…I’m hoping to master both albums soon. Stay tuned, this work has been long in the making. “Oil Kings” Poppa sounds real good, kept the drums high, seems people like this, I do too. Doing some more testing to get it as good as possible. Next Album will be 24bit, 96,000hz initially as apposed to 16 bit 96,000hz (Revolution) and 16bit 48,000hz (Rivers Of Hell,) sound should be better on my thrid. Had to learn how to master, big time learning curve, but worth the effort. Never make 24 songs and then try to master/learn them all, big time head/ear/body/butt/neck/armpit/foot/ scratcher. See you all soon,

PACO

Ah man - sorry to hear about your mom Paco - sad old deal. Keep busy is about all I can say - sounds like you are. Don’t forget dad’s needs in the process.
:heart-break:

Yeah, sorry Paco.
Hope you and your family are doing ok

Craig

Sorry to hear about that Paco, try to keep looking up, that’s where she is,

I have been saving this page for just such a post like Ange’s - this was from '84 to 89, did anyone say “brave”?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=895891

Y’all might actually like Walkin the Dog…

Hate to hear it, Paco. It’s probably harder on your dad than on you, so I second Poppa’s words to keep an eye on him… maybe even an arm or two around him.

First off sorry to hear bout your Mom, Paco. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ange, you may want to revisit those tunes down the road somewhere. I really liked the first tune “Sky Of Dreams”. Very Celtic feel to it. I likes Celtic flavors! :) They’re rough tunes, but no biggie, a little TLC can make 'em blossom!

Tried to listen to Kevin’s and Nixon’s tunes but soundclick seems to be having troubles this morning. Will check them out later.

Have to agree with Poppa W on Kev Myers being an awesome guitarist! :) :agree:

Hey Nix, cool stuff, thought I was listening to some ol Nazz! And that’s a good thang! :) :agree:

Quote:

I have been saving this page for just such a post like Ange's - this was from '84 to 89, did anyone say "brave"?

Good stuff, Nix.
:agree: Beats the hell out of my attempts at recording in the 80's.
That's the same song Aerosmith had on their first album, right?
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Jan. 18 2009, 1:48 PM)

Quote:

I have been saving this page for just such a post like Ange's - this was from '84 to 89, did anyone say "brave"?

Good stuff, Nix.
:agree: Beats the hell out of my attempts at recording in the 80's.
That's the same song Aerosmith had on their first album, right?

HA! yes indeedy, that's where I got the idea.. :)

Nice pickin there Kevin M, I like the story in the notes, bummer, but still interesting, good voice comes through.

Let me get back after the cardinals beat the eagles and listen to the others.

Thanks for listening to the songs guys!

Hey Ange, I agree with the others, your voice is great! then and now, Aren’t you glad you got tha dynamic mic?!?! I heard the first two, their good tunes, maybe worth recording again sometime.

our thoughts are with you, Paco.