First song out of the new DAW

Wait… you guys actually LISTEN???

UJ

Yeah, I’ve been more interested in other aspects of the process. Plus, it has always seemed silly to focus on anything technical when the drums suck so bad and everything lacks feel as a result. Plus nerve damage messing up timing and other relevant skills. I think I will take up orchestral composition. :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 23 2011, 1:37 PM)

I think I will take up orchestral composition.
:laugh:

NOOOOOOOOooooooooOOoOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 22 2011, 6:37 PM)

I think I will take up orchestral composition.
:laugh:

Nah... Just follow my lead and give up totally.

Watch the "Anything Else" forum for "Gear for sale" posts... ugh.

UJ

Why give up?

he’s been threatening that for years… :whistle:

Phooey… Im tarrrdd…

UJ

Heck, your younger than me, even, not to mention some other people. :laugh:

Im just a whiner… I’ll shake it off… maybe… Giving serious thought to bailing on the church gig for while though. Burned out…

UJ

Finally got to listen. She’s great Tommy. I don’t really mind the intro (I did vocals on a song once that UJ played on, I reckon the intro was 2 minutes :laugh: ) I like the quiet section, jangly geetars are nice, you got the drums down to a fine art Bud. :agree: :agree:

(Big thanks for the drum track you did for me, I’ll get round to doing the vox this week)

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:34 AM)

(I did vocals on a song once that UJ played on, I reckon the intro was 2 minutes
:laugh: )

Whatever happened to TSpringer anyway?? Used to see him on the Reaper forum but it's been a couple years probably...

Still see Yaz every once in a while... but TSpring? Nope. Hope he's okay. That was a fun collab. I got to do "the weird" on that one. :laugh:

UJ

EDIT: Speak of the devil... In a puff of brimstone and flame he doth appear... :agree:
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 23 2011, 1:52 PM)

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:34 AM)

(I did vocals on a song once that UJ played on, I reckon the intro was 2 minutes
:laugh: )

Whatever happened to TSpringer anyway?? Used to see him on the Reaper forum but it's been a couple years probably...

Still see Yaz every once in a while... but TSpring? Nope. Hope he's okay. That was a fun collab. I got to do "the weird" on that one. :laugh:

UJ

EDIT: Speak of the devil... In a puff of brimstone and flame he doth appear...
:agree:

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Hah. The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Really, I've just been busy. I still show up on the Reaper website periodically, but decided to visit my old friends on the N-track site today. It is more than weird that you should mention my name just now. What was your username back in the day UJ? Bruffie? Diogenes?

T

Bruffie is now Willy. UJ was Dio.

Yup… Diogenes… among many others… Keep ‘em guessin’ right? :laugh:

UJ

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:19 AM)

Giving serious thought to bailing on the church gig for while though. Burned out...

UJ

sorry to hear that,

worship can be quiet the blessing and one of the few things we share with angels. :)

Will pray you receive a new song that lifts your spirit to carry on. :agree:

dontcare
Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 24 2011, 6:17 AM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:19 AM)

Giving serious thought to bailing on the church gig for while though. Burned out...

UJ

sorry to hear that,

worship can be quiet the blessing and one of the few things we share with angels. :)

Will pray you receive a new song that lifts your spirit to carry on.
:agree:

dontcare

I appreciate that. I wish I had the eternal strength and fortitude of an angel. However, we all know I definitely AIN'T an angel! :laugh:

Meh... I'm just whining... sorry guys/gals. I'll be aight I reckon. Need to take up booze or sumthin'... (joke)

UJ

PS I got my KB stand and bench put together. All I managed to get done in the room all weekend...
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 24 2011, 8:40 AM)

Meh... I'm just whining... sorry guys/gals. I'll be aight I reckon. Need to take up booze or sumthin'... (joke)

UJ

I've just given it up so there's a gap to fill :)