Fklavio has Added

Something New…

Hi n-Trackers:
I don’t know when this feature got added to n-Track but today I am working on getting these Studio DAWs and this Editing Suite P-11 to act and behave the same on each Desk that I have-and-use in my operation/setup…

The area that I working on is, to get the skins to look as I’d like to see them on each desk…

In the process I had the P-111/XP editing desk/DAW… “close”… and automatically, n-Track began to send off a dmp file to Flavio…

I’ve not seen this action before, but I think it’s a good idea so Flavio can see just what’s bugging his editor and what we are facing … with the issues we have…

As you all know, I only have a dial-up and modem on this end… I noticed that the .dmp file took a reasonable time to send off to him… So, in that regard he has a fair sized file to look at… If I remember, the dmp files that I sent off to him, in the past, were zipped and they went about their business in NO-Time…

It’s not all the time I am connected to the server when I am going about my business using n-Track but I have nothing to hide and I think I like the idea of n-Track automatically sending Flavio error messages if and when I am connected to the Internet… if it’ll help the n-Track cause…

Bill…

if you want to test this (at your own risk of course) - hit the close program (X) at right hand top of screen while playback is running - this is a guaranted way of crashing N BIG TIME -

Dr J

:O :laugh:

IiKkNnOoWw… I’ve discovered other ways of abusing n-Track… and my mental sanity…

There are things I just don’t do if I’m into some serious work… As a result it’s made me think twice about tossing a command in n-Track’s way…

I used to be able to have more than one instance of n-Track opened at one time… Then I could minimize one-or-the-other instances while editing… For some reason… that ain’t allowed … anymore…

Right away, it sends of a .dmp file to the boss… :p ???

Bill…

V5 build 2227 -

you can have two versions of N running at the same time - you have to use two different sound outs - 1 version of N set to default (realtek etc) other version set to soundblaster etc -
then you can have two versions playing back two different songs at the same time - but if you only have 1 set of speakers you are not going to hear one of the songs - have multi imput amp, default sound comes out of the back of PC into amp and have conneted line to amp from USB soundblaster out - so can switch between versions -

Dr J

Still working away… here…
I have discovered this issue with the XP P-4 Studio Desk… I’m trying to set the “Skin” on this n-Track desk…

However, I find that there are two versions of each skin that is loaded into the drop-down menu list… If I delete one of each, both skin title gets deleted…

I have two defaults… two Greens… two Skins… and the list goes on… I am not able to adjust the skin’s colours on any of the “Selected” titles, on the list… What is going on with this? Any ideas?

Bill…

[EDIT]
Somehow, I must have screwed something up… :O ??? How do I fix this????

[EDIT]
I think I know what IT is… But I don’t know how to fix this… An “ERROR” screen appears… saying “Error Retriving Current Skin”… In fact… 6 Error screens appear… NO… 10 screens…

I an unable to select any skin screen that is in the drop-down menu…

How many “SKINS” folders do you have in your main N track folder, if it is two then delete one of them -

Dr J

Hi Doc:
What’s weird about this is… I tried that with a couple of folders… When I deleted one of them and checked … both of the folders had been deleted… That was O.K. I tried another set and the same thing happened. I found I can never import a skin into the folder… It looks like I can browse to the skins I have and even through the network and into another computer/desk but then it just sits there and doesn’t confirm that the transfer has taken place… It appears that there is some conflict going on…

The other issue I have is… there is some issue with my Network/LAN Cat-5 setup… I get it up-and-running… and then after a week-or-so when I flash everything up I am unable to find/locate other Computers/Desks on the network… I re-configure everything and the same thing happens in a week-or-so… all over again…

I stand corrected… The LAN/Network identifies computers on the network by ISP Addresses… I haven’t done this but… if I continue having to search/reconfiguer this network, I’m gonna take notes of the ISP addresses and check to see if the computers randomly change their ISP Addresses… and keeping me from finding the computers on the LAN/Network… Hey… i don’t know what’s going on, here… But it sure can get me Pissed off… :O :laugh:

One thing is… The XP drives and some of the storage drives are formatted as NTFS Drives… Now… that’s O.K. But the '98SE desks and drives are not able to “SEE” the NTFS Drives… The XP Desks can see them all… But the '98SE desks can only see the FAT 32 Drives… If I want to “Call-up” files-and-folders on the '98SE Desk. I have to make sure that the “Files-and-Folders” are on a FAT 32 Drive…

The other thing is… I am unable to open the Boot drives from another computer . This works in both directions… I think It’s a “Windows Thing”… It keeps me from accessing files in the windows folders of each Desk… It says to contact the System’s Administrator for help… But hey… I’m the administrator… :O :( :laugh: Most of the time it works so good… But when I want it to behave and when I am in the creative mood, It wouldn’t do what I want it to do… At that point I just give up and … Sometimes I really liked my Tascam 38…

The creative mood has passed…

Bill…