flav...metronome to vsti?

Flav,
any chance of porting the metronome to a vsti? It would help alot with soundcards that don’t do sample rate conversion at 96kHz. (like mine)
thanks

buschfsu,

What is the implication of this. I’ve been trying to figure out how the midi stuff works in connection to the metronome and I think I’ve given up on it.

I’m now trying the VSTi track connection to Fruity Loops and that seems reasonable, but my computer has GPFd 4 times this week while bouncing back and forth between nTrack and FL, and that’s not good.

What I’d like to do is record a tune in nTrack against the metronome as a click track. Then as I develop the song, come back and add in some FL loops that sync to the original metronome settings.

the issue here is that i just got a 1820m that will record at 96kHz but the built in ms wavetable is set at 11 or 22 khz. My old dleta 44 handled it fine but this new card won’t do sample rate conversion when it sees the wavetalbe output so it ignores it. therefore i am screwed.

you could use fruit loops or reason i guess, but it seems like the metronome built into ntrack is great and its integrated so it would be really nice to have another option other than Microsofts crappy wavetable.

Cubase has something called Audio Click. i think this is a wav sample that take the place of the midi. that would be fine too. anyone else solve this problem?

I'm now trying the VSTi track connection to Fruity Loops and that seems reasonable, but my computer has GPFd 4 times this week while bouncing back and forth between nTrack and FL, and that's not good.

Try Rewire - works sucessfully for me.

Actually - another cool thing I noticed - if you use the markers in Fruity, if you export a wav file and import it into N-track, N-track displays the markers in the timeline. Most useful.

On the subject of click tracks/metronome, I always sketch out the drum track (if I'm going to use one) first. Not completely, but enough to give the feel to the song. Otherwise how else do I get the drums/bass (and guitars) to groove? So I don't use the metronome (anyway isn't that a little guy who travels on the Paris underground?).

Mark

If you use a VSTi for the metronome you will probably need to set N to LIVE mode and get some lag…

Better option is to record the click track to wav and then use the wav as your click.

Or buy a soundblaster card dirt cheap and use the Creative synth.
If you aren’t doing other midi stuff it might not get used for anything else though…

Rich

MTS has a great click track pull down. You can select which ever drum or snare you want. It’s free but you only get three tracks but for generating a cool clock easy it’s pretty good.
Cheers
:;):

great ideas guys!!!
record the click track…of course…i should have thought of that.

what is MTS?