Flavio comes though again

What a star

Howdy all, it’s been a while - busy year with lots of changes. Just wnated to publicly thank Flavio for being such a star. The latest upgrade seemed to lose my reg info and I lost my registration codes (well, left them on my old work laptop anyway). I sent him a mail last night at about 1am and had a reply sitting in my inbox just after 9 this morning with the codes in it.

Now that’s what I call service.

Hope all are well anyway and keeping on tracking

-Dan

Yes, he is somewhat of a “rock star” software developer, you could say :D I put in a piddly little bug report last night, as well, and the fix showed up in build 1800 today. :O There’s still some unresolved stuff, but I’m amazed by the “low-latency” responses. :p It’s getting tougher to find serious bugs these days (at least for me–apologies to the afflicted)…I’m really enjoying these latest releases…Nice work, Mr. Antonioli!

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ Mar. 18 2005,18:12)
Yes, he is somewhat of a "rock star" software developer,

Man I'll say, he's as creative as the most creative musicians and producers I've seen! Your going to end up a rich man Flavio! :D But in the meantime, keep tinkering! :D
Cheers!
Quote (Tom @ Mar. 19 2005,02:05)
Quote (Scantee @ Mar. 18 2005,18:12)
Yes, he is somewhat of a "rock star" software developer,

Man I'll say, he's as creative as the most creative musicians and producers I've seen! Your going to end up a rich man Flavio! :D But in the meantime, keep tinkering! :D
Cheers!

Hmm I'm pretty sure he's rich by now anyway.

Rich? hmmm… let’s see. I bought V3 ages ago for $40. Add an upgrade to 24-bit ($24?), and an upgrade to V4 ($25) and he’s received the princely sum of $89 from this rather average user.

And that’s over… hmmmmm… 6 yrs or so?

Something tells me the man ain’t getting rich providing the quality support he offers to each of us for $15 a year.

How about it, Flav? Are you rich yet? Ready for retirement? Need a driver? I’m a good driver. Is the pay good? Will you pay moving expenses to Italy? :p

teej

makes me very curious, do you make money at this low price (then again, volume can make up for minimal profit) ?? or is money made elsewhere? I’ve always been curious about the software developers that make “free-shareware” stuff, how the heck are they being paid for what they do?

$$ has to come from somewhere else, or otherwise they would not do it. All the guys out there doing vst and dx effects for free have to have a goal in sight?..what is it!!!

I’ve always been curious on this.

Scott

All the guys out there doing vst and dx effects for free have to have a goal in sight?...what is it???!

To learn programming in some instances, or about dsp functions. Doesn't always have to be about money.
Quote (Willy @ Mar. 20 2005,02:07)
All the guys out there doing vst and dx effects for free have to have a goal in sight?...what is it???!

To learn programming in some instances, or about dsp functions. Doesn't always have to be about money.
Yeah, a lot of the free/open-source developers also do it for fame (among developers) or to have some extra development experience to list on their resume, or both.

Tony

I’m one of the developers in Betabugs, it’s all freeware, and we do it just for fun. No one will ever employ me to do dsp stuff (well, I doubt it!) but it’s a laugh seeing what can be acheived (and the graphic designer makes lovely GUIs…)

DSP

Yo - have any of the ntrack users here used much of the betabugs plugins and how are they? Might download some tonight but looking for input first…

Gee, those are pretty! Me like pretty (see icon) :D .

'til…
TW