Floyd Cover

Spot the “guest speakers”

Just a cover of the Pink Floyd song " Lost for words"

A Bruffie CD to the person who names the 4 speakers I inserted( 1 in the mid section, 3 in the outro)
2 Bruffie CDs to the loser :D

Lost For Words

LBJ in the middle; then Henry Kissinger; I don’t know the 3rd voice, but the fourth sounded like Mahatma Ghandi.

Nice mix on the tune, the guitars at the beginning sounded really rich and clean, and the drums were at a perfect level. But the vocal in the last verse sounded a little more nasally than the rest - recorded with a different microphone, maybe?

I am not familiar with the original tune, but I like your version just fine.

'til next time;
Tony

I’ll guess LBJ, Kissinger, Mandella, and Ghandi.

Nice mix and sound Bruff!

Oh and the original is from the Division Bell

Eyup!

Joe Strummer, David Hasselhof, Butros Butros Gali, Victoria Beckham.

I guess I win 2 CD’s :(

Steve

Well…obviously Beefy is close. Extra points for being able to spell Butros Butros Gali :)

Tony and Yaz, 3 out of 4 correct!

Yaz… It is indeed from The Division Bell, my favourite Floyd album.

Cheers,
Ian

(wynot @ Jun. 14 2007,21:50)
But the vocal in the last verse sounded a little more nasally than the rest - recorded with a different microphone, maybe?

Well spotted Tony :) same mic (Shure PG58). The nasally sound is all mine. I've been suffering from sinus problems for a few months. I've been avoiding recording much this year, and that sound is the reason why :)
Thanks for listening,
Cheers,
Ian

I listened again - is that Bishop Desmond Tutu(SP?)?

Bruffie, you might want to try one of those Breathe-rite strips. I can’t sleep without one, and it might make singing easier, too. Anything that lets more air in and out, you know?

'til next;
TW

(wynot @ Jun. 15 2007,16:05)
I listened again - is that Bishop Desmond Tutu(SP?)?

Bruffie, you might want to try one of those Breathe-rite strips. I can't sleep without one, and it might make singing easier, too. Anything that lets more air in and out, you know?

'til next;
TW

Thanks for the advice Tony. I haven't seen them here in Dubai, but I'll have a look around. Anything that helps would be a blessing just now, very frustrating for a guy who only 3 months ago could belt out a few Meat Loaf numbers :(

By the way.. 3rd voice not Tutu, but right continent :)

Cheers,
Ian

Anwar Sadat. ???

(YazMiester @ Jun. 15 2007,18:57)
Anwar Sadat. ???

You win the dubious prize Yaz :D

Anwar Sadat is correct!!

Cool Beans, uh, does that sound corny?

BTW, My fav Floyd album is and will always be ‘Animals’

(YazMiester @ Jun. 15 2007,21:58)
Cool Beans, uh, does that sound corny?

BTW, My fav Floyd album is and will always be 'Animals'

Love "Sheep" (The song that is, I'm not alluding to any welsh hill farming practices)

It's a much overlooked album, but pretty good!

Many years ago, I owned an eight-track tape cassette of Umma-Gumma. For some reason, no matter how long you listened, or how many times you pushed the track-change button. all it ever played was: ping; ping; ping;ping… The sound of a radar beep. hours and hours if you didn’t yank the tape out of the player. For the longest time, I thought it was supposed to be that way, and that Floyd was the worst band in history! Amazing the ideas one can get when young…

'til next!
TW

Umma Gumma hmmm, definately chemically induced recording to say the least.

What was the song, Several Species of Furry Animals Grooving Together in a Cave With A Pict? Something like that.

Yo bruffie, I like both sheep’

the song and …well you know! It’s a stump thang. :p

(YazMiester @ Jun. 20 2007,02:18)
Yo bruffie, I like both sheep'

the song and ......well you know! It's a stump thang. :p

Yaz......You sure your not Welsh? Or from some remote parts of Yorkshire? ( I hasten to add that, although Beefy is from Yorkshire, he is not from the more rural areas!!) :D

My Ancestors are from Ireland, self explanatory! :D

Sorry bruffie, my last post was a guest post. Not with it today, must be my age. :(