free auto tune plug-ins for voice

i need one

does anybody know a free auto tune plug-in?

thanx!

Hi Dean,

We’ve discussed this a lot recently.

Suggest you look at this thread and search the forum for the words “OBtune” & “ob-tune”. (Obtune is no longer available and was not free but there was some good stuff in the discussions).

Gsnap Thread

HTH

Mark

Thanks man!

My favourite solution to this question/problem - Record many many different takes and edit all the best parts of each take together into one track! Sometimes even one word toned, phrased or pitched differently can make a huge impact!

does the plug-in only work on midi? sorry for the stupid Q. Thanks Dyers be trying it out.

how can i make it work on vocals? sorry i’m just new in this auto tune stuff.

<!–QuoteBegin>

how can i make it work on vocals? sorry i’m just new in this auto tune stuff.

Just stick it on a vocal track (mono) and play with the settings (no manual available, but if you read the KVR thread linked from the thread in my previous post, some of the functions are described there)

<!–QuoteBegin>
does the plug-in only work on midi? sorry for the stupid Q. Thanks Dyers be trying it out.

No, tuning a midi track would be largely irrelevant! The conversations regarding midi surrounding this plug are because the plug can recieve a midi track (or the melody) and tune the audio (vocal) to it.

This means that if only a few notes are out, selective tuning can be used, or the auto mode pulls a note in the wrong way, you can force it to use a certain note. Traditionally this has only been available in the “big boy” tuners like Autotune. To do this in Obtune meant much cutting and pasting of tracks.

At present, however, it is not possible in n-Track to route a midi track to an Audio plugin but Flavio hopes to fix this very soon. Even without this, Gsnap is still a useful little plugin.

Mark