Fruity Loops & N-Track Problem

Alright, I have a very simple song I am trying to export from fruity loops into N-Track. It has four instruments, each one connected to the Fruity Mixer . When I try to export as individual .wav files (Split mixer tracks) it creates four files but one of them will have no sound at all while the sound of that instrument is COMBINED into one of the other .wav files. So I get Four .wav files Two are fine, One is empty and the other has two instruemnts combined. I’ve never had this problem before and it’s making it so I can’t mix these individually in Ntrack. Anyone else using Fruity ever have this problem? ???

This sounds like a problem for the FL-Studio tech support forum. I usually don’t work this way though. I usually load fruity into n-track as a VSTi. You can edit fruity and keep changing things until final mixdown in n-track.

John

Why export?

Why not use Rewire?

Rewire works, (if you keep it simple), but, for a better way of doing it, try this:

(Note: this is from Jhohan’s post of a long while back which no longer exists on the forum. I cut and pasted it luckily before the forum crash.
John, I hope you don’t mind me quoting you. :) )

From Jhohan, 8/8/04

<!–QuoteBegin>

1) Click ‘Track’…‘MIDI’…‘New VST Instrument Channel…’ and select 'FL Studio VSTi (multi)'

2) FL is now a VSTi instrument in N - To start up FL click the FL strawberry icon - This will start up the VSTi plug-in version of FL in full-screen mode (nice!)

3) Now (and this is the clever part, I thought) - In the FL mixer window, assign each of the FX tracks output to ‘FL 1, FL 2, FL 3’ up to FL 16.

For example, in the FL mixer window, highlight the ‘FX 1’ channel, and where it says ‘OUT’ at the bottom of the mixer window, click the dropdown, and select ‘FL 1’ from the list.

What this does is sends your FL mixer channel to an actual mixer track in N !

4) Now, you can assign you FL channels to whichever FX track you want. In the FL step sequencer window, click the first channel, (Which could be ‘Kick’ for example), in the channel settings window in the top RH corner, change it so that the FX setting reads '1’

The signal path then becomes;

Channel 1 (Bass) —> FL Mixer FX1 —> FL 1 (OUT) —> N mixer channel

Do this for all the channels you want to send to N. You don’t have to send each channel to a seperate FX channel, you can combine them (if you don’t need to have them as seperate tracks in N)

5) FL becomes a slave of N - You use the mixer in N, you apply compression/effects etc. in N, set the tempo in N (FL picks up the tempo changes from N). In fact, the Stop/Rewind/Play controls are sent to FL as well, you might find you have to click ‘Stop’ a couple of times before FL responds though… ???

I’ve tried that, and it works,

but,

I still say,

It ain’t a strawberry! LOL

Ali

Has anyone discovered any way of doing the following via Rewire rather then VSTi? When I bring up the Rewire dialog with FL, I can see multiple outputs but only seem to select “FL1 Left” and “FL1 Right”.

<!–QuoteBegin>

1) Click ‘Track’…‘MIDI’…‘New VST Instrument Channel…’ and select 'FL Studio VSTi (multi)'

2) FL is now a VSTi instrument in N - To start up FL click the FL strawberry icon - This will start up the VSTi plug-in version of FL in full-screen mode (nice!)

3) Now (and this is the clever part, I thought) - In the FL mixer window, assign each of the FX tracks output to ‘FL 1, FL 2, FL 3’ up to FL 16.

For example, in the FL mixer window, highlight the ‘FX 1’ channel, and where it says ‘OUT’ at the bottom of the mixer window, click the dropdown, and select ‘FL 1’ from the list.

What this does is sends your FL mixer channel to an actual mixer track in N !

4) Now, you can assign you FL channels to whichever FX track you want. In the FL step sequencer window, click the first channel, (Which could be ‘Kick’ for example), in the channel settings window in the top RH corner, change it so that the FX setting reads '1’

The signal path then becomes;

Channel 1 (Bass) —> FL Mixer FX1 —> FL 1 (OUT) —> N mixer channel

Do this for all the channels you want to send to N. You don’t have to send each channel to a seperate FX channel, you can combine them (if you don’t need to have them as seperate tracks in N)

5) FL becomes a slave of N - You use the mixer in N, you apply compression/effects etc. in N, set the tempo in N (FL picks up the tempo changes from N). In fact, the Stop/Rewind/Play controls are sent to FL as well, you might find you have to click ‘Stop’ a couple of times before FL responds though…

I haven’t seen that problem Jim.

Using Rewire, and FL Studio 4.5.2 and n-track 3.3., I get all my FL mixer o/p’s in n.

But, I haven’t used Rewire for a while, but one thing I do remember, it makes a big difference whether you open the host or slave first, and how you open them.

Ali

Ali

I get all the FL mixer stuff OK, but I can’t assign the FL mixer channels to different ntrack mixer channels as I can with the FL VSTi. Can you do this?

Ta John

I have the demo fruity and do not have a clue how to use it, I can open it as a vsti, but have no idea how to direct midi tracks to certain instruments, or how to set the program up to use, anyone have any details of setup ideas?

Unable to check it out at present John, sorry.

I’ll have a look at it though as soon as I can.

Ali

Robomusic

I’m no great FL expert as I only use it for drum sequencing, but the easiest way to see its potential is to open it as a VSTi or Rewire slave from within ntrack and then from the FL interface launch Projects/Cool Stuff and then pick one of the sample songs. This should then play back from within ntrack with the ntrack start/stop/pause/tempo settings automatically passed to FL.

Hope this helps
John