Funny enough

Sen. John F. Kerry’s grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush’s record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8127403/

<!–QuoteBegin>

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

And this explains why Mr. Kerry refused to release his transcripts before the election. At least Bush didn’t try to hide his grades.
It doesn’t really matter anyways… all politicians suck, and you guys are probably gonna have another nice little partisan argument amongst yourselves. Enjoy.

:p

should be fun

An obvious bait by a right-winger. LOL

I guess that being the party in power is embarrassing right now with so much going wrong because of your party. Gotta find a dodge to turn the people’s attention to.

“Pay no attention to the man (war, economy, political scheming, foreign policy) behind the curtain; see, I have proof that Kerry is as stupid as the President.”

Clark, sometimes you can be such an obvious right-wing flamer… LOL

Mike

Quote (DrGuitar @ June 07 2005,10:51)
Clark, sometimes you can be such an obvious right-wing flamer… LOL

Mike

nope, just passing on information

enjoy

BTW, who the #### are you to assume what “party” I might or might not belong to?

do you guys recall the final debate last year… well, the televised debate (because no one seemed to care about the baradnik/nader debates)… at the end, the question was something like “how have women impacted your life”… bush made some clever quip that was rather amusing… kerry attempted such… but then ran for the sympathy tent… shaking a fist, kerry said something like "i remember my grandmother saying her last three words to me as she lay dying - integrity, integrity, integrity…"

i wanted to puke…

not that this has anything to do with the grades at all… i am still incredibly annoyed by that short scene…

isaac

Is Jo.Ke.'s campaign manager using this as a way to keep Jo.Ke. in the news?? Maybe it’s Jo.Ke.'s way of showing that he really is an average guy??

Quote (clark_griswold @ June 07 2005,10:57)
BTW, who the #### are you to assume what "party" I might or might not belong to?

Let's see...

You talk like Dick Cheney, and you sound like Dick Armey and Dick Scaife. So either you are a Republican or a ....

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

See... I can be witty too..

Mike

What that article didn’t say was:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Kerry gradually improved his grades, averaging 81 in his senior year. His highest single grade was an 89, for a political science class in his senior year. Despite his slow start, he went on to be a top student at Naval Candidate School, command a patrol boat in Vietnam, graduate from law school, and become a prosecutor, lieutenant governor, US senator, and presidential candidate.

In his Navy application, Kerry made clear that he spent much of his college time on extracurricular activities, including the Yale Political Union, the Debating Association, soccer, hockey, fencing, and membership in the elite Skull and Bones Society. Asked to describe nonschool training that qualified him for the Navy, Kerry wrote: ''A great deal of sailing – ocean and otherwise, including some navigation. Scuba diving. Rifle. Beginning of life saving." He said his special interests were ''filming," writing, and politics, noting that the latter subject occupied 15 hours per week.

Kerry also signed the release on his military records (Standard Form 180) - Kerry allows Navy release of military, medical records.

Surprise, surprise - nothing new has turned up & there doesn’t appear to be smoking gun. The Swift Boat Vets for Lies & the right-wing media constantly smeared him on this. People like Pete, who used to come here, also smeared him on this issue. People who believe this right-wing garbage are idiots IMO - I’m sorry but that’s what I think.
Quote (clark_griswold @ June 07 2005,10:57)
BTW, who the #### are you to assume what "party" I might or might not belong to?

It's easy: if you don't agree with them, you are obviously a "NeoCon". I think it's funny to watch the knee-jerk frothing-at-the-mouth reaction from the more liberal participants here -- "Right wing garbage"?!? Are you insinuating that the Republicans caused Kerry to never make higher than a "B" in college? Get a grip on yourself, man. Relax.

:;):

No but I do believe there is a right-wing bias in this country that prevalent & powerful now. I also believe that it’s been quite successful which is the reason why the Republicans are in power now.

It works in many different ways and one of them demonstrated itself in how it smeared John Kerry. Do you deny that he was smeared by the Swift Boat Vet’s.

So when I speak of the right-wing, I’m not referring to all conservatives or all Republicans. I’m referring to the right-wing media & spin machine, i.e., Limbaugh, FOX News, right-wing hate web sites, Ann Coulter, etc. These are the people who smear liberals.

of course, liberals do not smear opposing personalities at all… they are perfect and deserving of all power…

damnit, i still can’t find the sarcasm emoticon… :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

I do believe there is a right-wing bias in this country that prevalent & powerful now

this is a bit confusing… are you suggesting that the majority of people in this country reserve a “right-wing bias”?.. honestly, the sentence makes little sense, which prompted the query…

ike

No of course, liberals smear people - all politicians smear each other.

What I’m saying is that for the last 20+ years the right-wing have taken over the media and taken over the Republican party. One of their main tactics is smear, or opposition research, as some like to call it. The Republicans took it to new heights with Lee Atwater & Karl Rove. The Democrat’s are, of course, catching up.

1 out of every 4 or 5 people get their news from talk radio & who dominates talk radio? Lying liars like Rush Limbaugh & O’Reilly. These guys will say anything they feel like, w/o backing it up with any kind of facts. Ever worse then that they’ll intentionally mislead people.

<!–QuoteBegin>

all politicians smear each other.

wouldn’t it be great to find a politician who doesn’t do this?..

sadly, it seems that your anger has clouded your objectivity… just because you disagree with limbaugh (whom i don’t like, either), coulter, et al, does not make them “lying liars” who “intentionally mislead people”… of course, you probably have some online reference that will tell you how/why/when they’re lying… and for that source, there is one that will prove that their statements are true… these people simply have another viewpoint, a very healthy thing for our country…

all this said, it sounds like you are disgusted with the current political situation, and i am very sympathetic to such a position… i sincerely wish it would change… but sadly, i fear that both the left and right are so vehemently attracted to power, that they will do/say anything for power first, all while shelving real issues…

ike
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 07 2005,20:51)
No but I do believe there is a right-wing bias in this country that prevalent & powerful now. I also believe that it's been quite successful which is the reason why the Republicans are in power now.

Umm... OK. But what does this have to do with the fact that Kerry refused to release his mediocre college transcripts while he was running for president?

It doesn’t have anything to do with it but the discussion is not about Kerry’s college records???

Quote (DrGuitar @ June 07 2005,12:48)
See... I can be witty too..

Mike

Nope :D
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 08 2005,11:32)
It doesn't have anything to do with it but the discussion is not about Kerry's college records???

Really?!? It's not??? Could've fooled me... Here's the original post for this thread:

Sen. John F. Kerry’s grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush’s record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Aside from your attempts to change the subject into a tin-foil-hat-wearing-everything-is-a-right-wing-conspiracy-rant, how do you figure that this disussion has nothing to do with Kerry's refusal to release his lackluster college transcripts while running for president?

The guy was trying to hide his records, and this has nothing to do with the Repubica-thugs, or whatever it is you're calling them nowdays.

Sorry John - I changed the discussion to Kerry’s military records (see previous post) and that’s what I meant.

I don’t care about Kerry’s college records - they’re not important. I don’t know if he tried to keep them secret or not - it doesn’t matter. The reason why the media portrayed him as being intelligent is because he is. He made it into law school, he was a good debater, and he’s a good Senator. He’s articulate and that’s what matters to me.