Funny video

from down under :slight_smile:

Under "Who would you bomb next?"

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/10/12.html#a5332

Read the scrolling text, too. :)

“Pretentious git takes up sailing”

Hmm, makes me wonder who taught these people world geography in American schools, if any.

Oh, we don’t get geography, doncha know.

I’m serious, by the way.

Yep. I’m appalled at how little my kids know (and that is something we work on now that the kids are home schooled - no we are not home school nazies like some parents - that’s another good discussion). Geography use to be something we all needed for general day to day conversations…as if we don’t any more.

It not as bad as not knowing Paul was a Beatle, but close.

I’m sure they would have encountered a fair few people that knew the map was wrong…

But still… to think Iran or France would be where Australia is (and the size Australia is) is both funny and shocking. Especially considering that I’m sure Iran and “the middle east” would have been getting a fair bit of media coverage over the years in the US.

“Sri Lanka… never heard of it!”

Quote (RichLum @ Oct. 12 2005,20:18)
But still… to think Iran or France would be where Australia is (and the size Australia is) is both funny and shocking. Especially considering that I’m sure Iran and “the middle east” would have been getting a fair bit of media coverage over the years in the US.

I liked the one where the guy was surprised that one of the Korea’s (situated in Aussie, once again) was much bigger than the other, not knowing the bigger Korea was the Pacific Ocean, heh.
The reporter is Australian, I’m sure, since he must’ve been testing these dum**ss Americans where Aussie is on a map (I’ll have to watch it again since it’s not on this PC I’m writing this reply on).

CNNN is Australian

The Chaser News

They basically just take the piss out of everything

They do some funny stuff

Hilarious.

Although I think we 'mericans owe Willy an apology…

<!–QuoteBegin>

“Pretentious git takes up sailing”

The last one, just as the vid ended was a beauty - Colonel Sanders Court Marshalled…

I’m more than certain the CNNN team would have used only the most ingorant/lefty/righty type views, it’s a fairly accurate portrayal of how a lot of Aussies I know think the US sees the rest of the world. Very Team America - Paris, 2400miles east of America.

Paul was a Beatle?!?!?!?

TG

PS Er… sorry Willy. I’m not sure for what… but Tom said we owed you one!

Willy, it is not that inaccurate, in fact. Present company excepted, of course. :)

More from CNNN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=JOUALvjfLI0

The education of our kids is in a sorry state of affairs IMO. I have come to realize that I cannot blame the government or the school system though. I asked myself, “Do I REALLY spend enough time with my kids? Talking to them, looking over their school work, sharing my own (limited) knowledge?” Sadly, I had to answer NO because I have allowed myself to be put in a position where I have WAY too many “jobs” going on. Just too d@mn busy… That’s gonna change. Starting NOW!!

TG – new man.

<!–QuoteBegin>

PS Er… sorry Willy. I’m not sure for what… but Tom said we owed you one!

I’m not entirely sure either, but that’ll do.