Gammamusic

Hey guys,

I’ve finaly managed to put some songs together. Poppa was kind enough to listen and he adviced me to post my stuff here.

If any one cares to listen, I would surely appreciate your input.

www.gammamusic.com

Lyrics are in Spanish (sorry) but there are a couple instrumental songs included.

Thanks in advance !

Uh, for this 'merican who can’t figure out Spanish to save his life, what should I click on? :;):

hahaha… I should’ve clarified this before
:laugh:

Please click on the underlined words at the left of my picture. These are the song titles. Clicking on them will play each song.

The upper links are:

Creditos—> Credits
Fotos—> Pictures (of me and my studio)
Foro—> Guest book

Thanks in advance !

Its the underlined words under. . .
Album: TLC=A
Año: 2009

Canciones:
(click para escuchar)

In middle of page kind of.
First song is TLC=A

Very impressive web site, really good looking layout, interesting tunes, I heard Everest and TLC=A, for some folks the vocals will be a little odd, I liked Everest, the sound quality seemed real good. Nice tones, Thanks for posting it!

The singing needs some work - great job all around though!
Don’t be shy about posting!

Thanks Gamma - sorry to be so ignorant. :)

Off to listen!

I gave most of them a listen also. Some nice touches on the production, “XQ discutir” has
a nice mix of things going on.

The vocals have good emotion coming thru but, could use some refinement.

Great stuff, Gamma - quite a range. I think I heard the Big Tick Cheese Machine at the beginning of TLC=A? Anyway, you use a variety of instruments effectively. I wish I knew Spanish, however; here is how alta vista’s babel fish translates your XQ Discutir:

or not that roll with the world That a second does not want to be quiet nor and not that happens with people That although he is present lives absent XQ to discuss? XQ to discuss? God did to us of a single ethnic group They deny if it for my it is marketing research If somebody that wants to him sinks and says That but it gives that uses a turban in the head? XQ to discuss? XQ to discuss? And it is that in China or Timbuctú Paraditos the other way around There are types like your United by the feet The ideas are not thing of bullets If they cannot be platicar it is that they are bad Since it can have of good in a war? Final S.A. we lived all in the Earth XQ to discuss? XQ to discuss? We already did a hole to him to ozone And in the Earth there is poison in the installment That peculiar that we break our sphere That I know there are no places there outside XQ to discuss? XQ to discuss? And it is that in China… Not who thought that the colors They had something to see with being better Or to who happened itself to him that the borders Were divisions of a deveras XQ to discuss? XQ to discuss?

:)

hence the name Babel?
Gaspar - you have english translations?

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Aug. 13 2009, 7:49 PM)

Very impressive web site, really good looking layout, interesting tunes, I heard Everest and TLC=A, for some folks the vocals will be a little odd, I liked Everest, the sound quality seemed real good. Nice tones, Thanks for posting it!

Thanks so much Nixon !!!

If you liked "Everest", there is a chance you might like "Scott".

I'll be working on the singing deal and come back to you for critique.

ooo, spanish translation exercises—reminds me of the endless hours of doing that in the service, and college…

XQ discutir = Why do we argue?

Why do we argue?

I don't know what's going on in the world
It won't want to be still for even a second
I don't know what's going on with everybody
Even though I'm here, I'm absent

God made us of one race
If you deny it, for me, that's a technicality
If someone wants to bow down and pray
What does it matter if they wear a turban on their head?

Why do we argue?

[chorus]
It's that in China or Timbuktu
Backwards paradises
There are people like you
United by their feet

Ideas are not like bullets
If people can't discuss them (ideas) that's terrible
Well, what good comes of a war?
If , in the end we all live here on Earth

We already made a hole in the Ozone
In the ground there is poison in its fertility
How curious we ruin our sphere
And That we don't know of any other place to live

[chorus]
I don't know who says that color (of your skin)
Is something seen that makes you superior
Or who thought that borders
Were really dividers among us.

Good thing someone around here speaks Spanish!!

:) Gamma, you’ll have to correct me if I missed anything here,
eh, Que nota me das maestro?? :laugh:

Rule #1 : Never use Babelfish for poetry!!

Thanks for the cleaner translation nixon1972.

Gamma, nice song you wrote.
The music got to me before I new the full meaning,
and now I see the music and words (song meaning) all fit together nicely.

Hi Gamma,

At first I found the vocals a little distracting (not because of the Spanish as I have CDs by 2 or 3 Spanish rock bands). Now I’ve kinda got used to them :) I think if you can focus a little on the vocal you could have something really nice going, the quality of voice is there, it just needs tidying up a little.
You certainly have some very nice musical ideas to go on with. I thought ‘Scott’ was a beautiful piece, emotion without words…well done.
Looking forward to following your work,
Cheers,
Ian

Thanks Nixon!

Ya gotta admit, there is a certain quality to the babel fish translation, however…

Hey guys,

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to post yesterday (Friday). Absolutely against my will I do have to work
:laugh: .
As a matter of fact, the only one post thanking Nixon was made during a meeting (a training thing)! So in this nice saturday morning in the desertic land scape of Queretaro, here I go !

First, I would realy like to thank you all for taking the time to listen and for your critiques. Poppa, thanks again for all your off-line help in setting up my studio and for pushing me to post. You’re a great guy (every one here knows it, of course)!

I hope you find this correct, but I’ll try to answer every one of you. Here I go !

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 13 2009, 9:06 PM)

The singing needs some work - great job all around though!
Don't be shy about posting!

As I said before Poppa, thanks so much and yes, I'll be working on my singing. For some reason, my singing is odd (my friend's adjetives range from peculiar to frankly horrible haha ) but after listening for a while you kinda get used to it. Since I hear it a lot (ask my wife about hearing me a lot) I think of it as normal.

Your opinions get me back to the drawing board (I'm an engineer). As I mentioned, I'll redo the singing and re-post.

In the mean while, any other opinion on the singing is more than welcome. Remember a wide range of adjetives is already covered so please feel free to opinate because it will help me get better.