garage sale

Got a 4 unit Anvil rack case for 20 bucks at a garage sale today. :agree:

Hi TomS:

That’s a good find…
There must have been other hardware at the sale, if he had the rack…
OR
were you late and all the stuff he had in the rack got sold… ?

Bill…

I am waiting for a FedX shipment today from Ontario…
I scored a Lexicon LDI-12T audio bundle…
I now have two of them… I now need to build two Machines to operate them…
They have to have '98SE installed on them…
Can you help me???
I am unable to get my old ASUS CSL2C Motherboards to recognize the Floppy Disk Drives…
The Drive appears at POST Time…
BUT
that there is some failure…
Error 40, I think…

98SE? I can’t help, but you know that what I know about computers would fit on a napkin. In big writing.

The only other audio thing was an ART rack delay from about 15 years ago or so, he was asking 25 bucks, I passed. It was more-or-less like this one, except really beat up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-…58c15e4

I would have offered him 15.00 for it and you would have settled for 20.00 and gone home with the Delay and Rack for 40.00…
s’cuse my arithmetic…
hehe… I know…
It either works-or-it don’t…
If it worked it would have been a good deal…
Well…

By-the-way…
A knock at the door and it was FedX…
I got the Lexicon CORE 32 LDI 12T from Ontario…
Here’s a link to the Photo blog…
Lexicon CORE 32 Audio Hardware

I now have all the equipment (Cables, cards, and wiring, and all) Two Lexicon LDI 12T’s and three LDI 10T’s…
The other LDI 10T units are still in the old Studio, in the house…

I’m not, as yet having much luck building two old P-111 computers to run this stuff…
Maybe, what I should be looking into is, finding out how new a Windows based computer I can build that will support '98SE as the Operating System…
Anybody know the answer to that question????

Bill…

You should re-post the question on a new thread, no one is reading this one. ???

Do you think the ART delay unit would have been worth 20 bucks?

I wouldn’t toss it out for delaying crackers in bed…
Pardon-the-Pun…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

yep…
20.00 is an O.K.
price…
. That’s if it worked…

yes…
Within reason, I’d like to install this Lexicon on say, the newest based Windows computer that '98SE can be loaded unto…
OR that the Lex Drivers and Operating System can reside on…
I know, back then that '98SE and the drivers recognized each other…

Ii KkNnOoWw…

I can sure screw up a Thread…

:)
:whistle:
Pardon the Pun…
AaGgAaIiNn…

You guys have great Garage Sales. Sounds like some great bargains. I would’ve snapped up both those items Tom.

As for your PC issues Bill I’ll help if I can. Win98 boot floppies are nothing special, just a DOS boot disk with CDROM drivers. Try bootdisk.com. You could probably create a bootable CD too if necessary.

Lemme know where you’re up to Bill

Mark

Hi Mark A:
I got some basic hardware installed in a box and put in a Boot Disk that I thought should have fired it up… NO-Go with the Floppy Drive… And Error 40 came up on the monitor… The it said removed disk and insert a Boot Disk and press Enter… I thought I had a faulty floppy drive… SO, I replaced the drive… Still NO-GO… ???? That thing should have fired up with that floppy disk…

Moving to another THREAD…

Bill…

Mark, I can still get the delay, the person selling it is a neighbor, and I could send it to you. ???

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 16 2011, 3:42 PM)

Mark, I can still get the delay, the person selling it is a neighbor, and I could send it to you.
???

Well, what a wonderful idea... but I wonder what the shipping would cost? :D

Garage sales here yield worn out clothes, busted lawn care equipment and barely used exercise machines. Who needs THAT junk? :(

KW

Quote: (Kaizen Wang @ Jul. 16 2011, 12:29 AM)

Garage sales here yield worn out clothes, busted lawn care equipment and barely used exercise machines. Who needs THAT junk? :(

KW

That pretty much covers it all..

However, over here the Provincial Government actively tried to create a law to tax the business of yard sales..
It was a tough sell, but the law the people had to settle for was, the retail business had to open on Sundays..Before that law passed it wasn't mandatory and the big stores could face fines if they opened for business on Sundays..

Big Stores meaning floor areas of certain square footage..

Taxes upon Taxes..
You know..

Somebody should figure out a way to hook those "Barely used exercise machines" up to the power grid..
Whatta Think ????
Is that GREEN ?
OR What ????

Bill..

The freight charges to the other side of the world
could be monstrous..
I think I could so it for about a year-and-a-half with my Dory and a good set of oars..
hehe
Quote: (Mark A @ Jul. 15 2011, 8:44 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 16 2011, 3:42 PM)

Mark, I can still get the delay, the person selling it is a neighbor, and I could send it to you.
???

Well, what a wonderful idea... but I wonder what the shipping would cost?
:D

Oh, I would guess, about 50 bucks American money.