getting out of the game...

Hey all…

Started to trickle stuff out… there will be LD’s, guitars, amps, interfaces, preamps…

Here is the first listing. great laptop interface. PM if you want to know what else I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws…me=WDVW

Samson C01 mic with cable.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3761709661

What else will you be selling?

A couple audio buddy pres, a Tech 21 120 amp, a Les Paul, an Ibanez acoustic, a marshall mxl2001 LD, Pintech v-drums with roland module…that’s what is coming to mind right now…

Hey Clarke - I got “out of the game” some years ago myself but now I’m buying back all the stuff I sold :p :O

Toker,

Believe me, the thought is in the back of my mind that this may be a futile exercise…

Clark, what makes you give it up ? Lack of time ? Disillusioned ? What ?

time, my man. new baby boy, new job, new house and just not feeling it…

Heh - it’ll come back. Been there, done that :)

yeah…I am keeping enough stuff to be able to jump back in at some point. I guess thinning the ranks is what you could call this…

Sell the stuff that will need replacing in the next 3 to 5 years (mosty computer stuff that someone else can use now) and keep the rest (guitars, amps, and mics that will be just as good 20 years from now as they are today).

Don’t forget you’ll be wanting to teach that boy music someday!

I didn’t play much guitar for 10 odd years, after I got married & had my first child (and then my second child). But I did continue to write, at a slower pace, but when I got back into it, I had a whole bunch of songs to record.

My recommendation is to keep the things that will be hard to replace someday & sell the rest.

Hey Clark,

Good advice from the gang here. My guitars stayed in their cases under the bed for almost ten years while I got my family off the ground. Definitely hang on to the instruments. Some of them will be irreplaceable for sentimental reasons. I traded an Ibanez “lawsuit” Les Paul away about three years ago. I’d had that guitar since I was about fifteen. I STILL almost puke thinking about how stupid that move was. I miss that axe!

TG

I think Phoo tells the truth. Sell the quickly outdated stuff, keep the rest,