Ggrrrr all of a sudden...

All of a sudden, when I do a midi track and try to mixdown, the ‘midi to .wav’ wizard comes up and thats the end of the track! Why?

Any ideas? This used to be easy, one click and the midi was mixed down to a wav, now all this trouble!!!

(using the version before 6…)

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Sep. 12 2008, 3:51 PM)

All of a sudden, when I do a midi track and try to mixdown, the 'midi to .wav' wizard comes up and thats the end of the track! Why?

Any ideas? This used to be easy, one click and the midi was mixed down to a wav, now all this trouble!!!!

(using the version before 6...)

I don't think I understand Craig? Does the MIDI to .WAV wizard pop up at the END of the mixdown process? Do you have any MIDI tracks still active or have you already rendered and muted the MIDI/VSTi's?

FWIW, I always had the best luck FREEZING MIDI tracks, then doing a mixdown of the song. That MIDI to WAV thing was always a POS. (IMO!)

D

PS Maybe someone else will pop in who can actually TRY this to see what happens... sorry...

No D

Before, I would do the midi track using a VSTi plugin. Then simply mute the other tracks and mixdown the midi track No problem.

Now, the wizard comes up when I click ‘mixdown’, which it’s NEVER done before, then it tries to mixdown whilst playing the track, along with annoying ‘DDUUUNNGG’ piano noise every few seconds.

This has never happened before!!!

Hi Craig,
That sounds like a problem sorry about that. I don’t do midi so I can’t help at all. But I was wondering; Can you mix a midi file to wav. Edit the wav and convert it back to midi for triggering instruments? Would the wav edits be good back in a midi format?

craig,
Using ver 6, and I think in 5 too,
Select
"
TRACK / MIDI / convert MIDI tracks to a wave track
"
ha ha a wave track - anyway
Follow the 'walk thru’
Just did it and it works. - rather well.

Actually - it created both a left and right [wave]

Thanks for the replies guys.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh…
The problem is fixed now for some reason…but I can’t RECORD ANYTHING NORMALLY…

The pre amp and soundcard are set up correctly, I can hear the input in my headphones, but the VU meter shows nothing, and when I record…nothing.

I’ve tried every setting in the settings/audio devices box.

What’s up?

I presume you clicked on the track’s little red recording input ‘dot’ and picked an input source?

Never had to do that Poppa…just did it in the settings /audio devices menu…

For some reason I’ve sorted it. It was the 16 or 24 bit preference box.

I’ve never even TOUCHED that before!!!

hhhmmmmm…

Which version you on?

5 whatever…the one before 6… :;):

I did a CD with V4 and 5… Five was stable for me and my wav files. 6 is much better, if your deserving of a free upgrade make the switch. V5 doesn’t have the red thing to click on. You got it via the hammer icon :agree:

Craig,
I just remembered what “I” did, to stop v5 from giving me a blue screen way back when it was a beta. I had to use a Registry Mechanic to iron it all out. A few of the other members where doing that too. It’s been a long time. 2003? Anyway if you have a registry mechanic give that a whirl. That will end the blue screen and the freeze ups. You really should upgrade to V6 bld2385. You can load your v5 songs in v6 with no problems.
Levi

Thanks Levi.

A little scared of the change though…It’s fine now and my thoughts are ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it’!..

Hhhmmm. I might upgrade. I’m torn…