gig review!

Here’s my review for the gig I did on the 4th, i’m not entirely sure how to take it but it has got me thinking…will I need to gig lots?! will i have to read lots of these reviews?! will they always be good (ish) am I ever going to be ‘professional’, recording is one thing but performing means I’ve gotta talk n stuff too…showing personality…turns out…i’m a bit "wacky!!!"

GIG REVIEW

Ange x

Ilminster?

Well, bugger me senseless with a bath brush! Many a time I’ve played there (although, not in the arts centre).

I was living in Crewkerne at the time and took any gig I could get! :laugh:

Anyway, here I am now 6,000 miles away, and still missing a pint of Taunton Rough Cider. :cool:

So, good review, and congratulations on it. :p

Print it out and paste it in your scrapbook. That way you’ll be able to look back at it when you’re feeling down because some bastard with a chip on his shoulder really gives you a pasting. :laugh:

Good luck. :agree:

ange, that is about the best of all possible reviews.
Glowing, in fact.
Remember this, reviewers all have to show that they are smarter than the average fan, so they always include something like “wacky” or whatever.
But in this case it is obviously written with respect for your talent and joy taken from your music.
If all you get are reviews like this, you are going to be a big star.
:agree:

And that’s my review of the review. :D

"Her take on classics from Elton John and Bob Dylan received huge ovations, but equally impressive were the many numbers from her own 70 creations – words and music."

That’s quite a comparison. I don’t think reviews get any better than that.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :agree: :agree:

I’m posting it here for all to see.

Quote:

Friday 4th December 8:00 PM
Ange Hardy (Review)

ANGE HARDY contemporary folk-singer-songwriter

A new voice at the Arts Centre is always an exciting event.

Formerly from Taunton, but now living in Chisleborough, Ange gave us song upon song from her extensive repertoire. Her take on classics from Elton John and Bob Dylan received huge ovations, but equally impressive were the many numbers from her own 70 creations – words and music. Earlier this year she launched a CD of some of them: ‘The words to write it all'.

As the temperature (if not the heating) rose, both her followers and those of us experiencing her distinctive voice for the first time were completely won over.

Ange still retains that mix of assurity over her material with wacky asides and some restarts because the new strings on her guitar had not settled. Every number was accompanied, and her skill in doing so, as well as her unfaltering ability to sing falsetto to great effect were all part of her natural presentation.

The evening can best be summed up by the person who said, 'Ange's voice moved me to tears'.

This event took place on Friday 4th December 8.00pm. Details as follows:

A singer songwriter who combines honest and exposed lyrics and vocals with delicate acoustic guitar to produce an effortless and captivating blend of contemporary folk music. A superb artist at the beginning of her career.

Great review Ange!

Well done, congrats!

PACO

Yup! Ambrosia. Enjoy.

Hi ange:
That’s a pretty nice review… Keep working at it… It looks like that’s a place entertainers would want to get work to get visibility… well something like that…

Over here you chase all the hockey players out of their rink and set up a stage and sell tickets… :laugh: :p :agree:

Bill…

Quote: (All in @ Dec. 16 2009, 2:23 PM)

Well, bugger me senseless with a bath brush!

Now there's an offer any girl would find hard to refuse!!! :laugh:
Quote:

Hmm, typical. There I go, baring my soul, opening my utmost psyche to public scrutiny, and what do I get?

Humour. :-(

But it's not me that I'm really concerned about; rather, it's my bath-brush, a pure innocent who has never harmed anyone!

A delicate and artistic soul (well, except when I use it for my nether regions), so, I demand an apology Ange, otherwise I will have you banned from all venues that serve Taunton Cider! :O
Quote: (ange @ Dec. 17 2009, 4:29 AM)

Quote: (All in @ Dec. 16 2009, 2:23 PM)

Well, bugger me senseless with a bath brush!

All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm a 'Merican, and don't understand the weird things folks in other "English" speaking lands say.
Quote:

Hmm, typical. There I go, baring my soul, opening my utmost psyche to public scrutiny, and what do I get?

Humour.
:-(

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 18 2009, 9:28 PM)

All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm a 'Merican, and don't understand the weird things folks in other "English" speaking lands say.

Ahh, as Churchill observed, Britain and America are two nations separated by a common language.

Ange - as hard as it is, resist the urge to read reviews. If you allow the good ones to elate you, you set yourself up for a crash with the bad ones. Reviews don't help you to improve they just mess with your head.