Global Warming Proven True

no lie

Here’s The Link

<!–QuoteBegin>

Conservative Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson said on Thursday the wave of scorching temperatures across the United States has converted him into a believer in global warming.

Will his followers change their minds too or are his brainwashing techniques too intense to be reversed?

KF

Well if Pat says so… it MUST be true… :p

D – still a confirmed cynic…

PS I won’t say I don’t “believe” in “Global Warming”, it’s just I am not so sure we have enough historical data to confirm whether it is something we are definitely causing or if what we are seeing is a natural phenomenon. I am sure we nasty humans are not HELPING the situation any though…

Well, maybe global warming is a scourge from God to kill off that mean old nasty leader of Venezula for Pat? Pat got his way with Rhenquist, so it would logically follow that his call for a hit on Chavez would be answered too. Sweet. Pat’s fatwa powers are way more powerful than Khomeini’s. Falwell and Rushdie are still running around… but Pat got lucky once so far. It is good to know whose side God is really on.

Given Robertson’s religious beleifs, I was totally shocked and not a little encouraged by this switch. It just goes to show that very few people are really out of the reach of reason. God bless him for it. :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Given Robertson’s religious beleifs,

Which are SCARY in my opinion… just slightly short of maniacal fundamentalism if you ask me…

<!–QuoteBegin>
It is good to know whose side God is really on.

I got news for ol’ Pat and anybody else who wants to know… God don’t pick sides. He loves us ALL. “Saints” and sinners alike…

D
Quote (Diogenes @ Aug. 04 2006,05:30)
Given Robertson's religious beleifs,

Which are SCARY in my opinion... just slightly short of maniacal fundamentalism if you ask me...

It is good to know whose side God is really on.

I got news for ol' Pat and anybody else who wants to know... God don't pick sides. He loves us ALL. "Saints" and sinners alike...

D
Even KingFishes?

He is scary (Pat that is).......

BUT the question isn't what Pat believes ( he believes whatever sends him moolah) but rather how this affects his followers who have supported his ideas that God caused Katrina to punish sinners etc. Do they all change their tune now or do they fall deeper into insanity?

KF

<!–QuoteBegin>

Do they all change their tune now or do they fall deeper into insanity?

If I had the answer to that I wouldn’t need my Tarot cards now would I? (Joking) I have a new mantra these days… “I am a Christian! But NOT a nutcase Christian!” :D The world does not need anymore nutcases of any type. Christianity does not need nutcase Christians.

You hit part of the problem right on the head KF.

<!–QuoteBegin>
how this affects his followers

They are following the WRONG “HE”. :)

D

PS <!–QuoteBegin>
Even KingFishes?

YEP!

Yes, fundamentalism is the worst thing to happen to Christianity since Constantine.

Quote (TomS @ Aug. 04 2006,23:45)
Yes, fundamentalism is the worst thing to happen to Christianity since Constantine.

That’s a great line. You should use it in your sig!..

KF

Unfortunately, it is not mine. It is a rather common saying among mainstream NT scholars. :)

Diogenes: "PS I won’t say I don’t “believe” in “Global Warming”, it’s just I am not so sure we have enough historical data to confirm whether it is something we are definitely causing or if what we are seeing is a natural phenomenon."

I have felt the same way - i.e. is it really due to us, and regardless of the answer, is it really a problem anyway ?

Well I went and saw Al Gore’s movie on the weekend. His summary of statistics is compelling. I need to verify it with other sources to see what’s left out. I find it unlikely that he or anybody would put up a bunch of stats with such a high profile if they could be easily refuted.

There was a couple of points I hadn’t been aware of, and if it’s like Al said, then I am convinced. It’s worth seeing the movie, though about 20% of it is ‘all about Al’ and really looks like ‘see how smart and honest I am ? remember this in 2 years time…’

I do find it interesting that folks on both sides of the “Global Warming” fence tend to use immediate data as “proof” of a long term trend. “We’re having a heat wave! Global Warming!” "We’re having a blizzard! Global Cooling!"

I seem to recall the 'ole thermometer going into the tripple digits when I was child (of the '80s). Heat waves aren’t exactly a new concept… ???

Agreed, pkimbal, it is a very weak inference to base one’s conclusion on a few days fromt eh summer of 2006. But a good joke, if you like gallows humor. On the other hand, lots of long term data is another creature entirely.