Go Fly a Kite

Well, it happened again today, second day in a row, big gust of wind and he’s sliding through the mud. :)

And one for Dad? 2.5

Well, we’ll see. My fine government want a bunch of my tax money right now, so they can pay for killing people and hand out free money to the rich.

Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 06 2011, 12:35 PM)

Well, we'll see.
My fine government want a bunch of my tax money right now, so they can pay for killing people and hand out free money to the rich.

Government! I heard you ain't got one at the mo'.
If you're any good with a sewing machine, I've got a Super10 pattern. Gonna make me a Glow In The Dark one.

Well…I have a sewing machine.

Hi Gents:

I’ve been watching this topic for some time…
How fascinating…
I’d like to see some photos of your flying…
I can remember when I was 10-12…
Really…
Anyway my Dad was quite the Kite builder…
He would build on Wednesday -to- Friday and by Saturday we would invite the neighbourhood kids and go kiting…
However, the weather only starts to get kiting weather in May, around here…
:agree:
:agree:

Bill…

OoHh…
They weren’t Fabric Kites…
To see your creations would be so nice…

Bill, we actually still have some snow on the ground. That sort of thing won’t stop my kids! :)

Snowwww!!!
Man!? Why aren’t you guys flying the kite, with skis!? That’s what it’s all about!!! Recreational Flyyyyyying!

Bill. This is me about ten years ago on Poppit Sands, notorious for it’s wind and a fav’ with kiters. The kite is small. 6ft X 1ft. But the wind is a steady 40mph. The vid is lo res but some of the skids are 50ft long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtjnel3Qbqw

Cool.