gobbledy gook

on mixdown

24bit, v4.04, build 1772. 10 tracks recorded. mixdown tracks 3, 4, 5 and 6. resulting mixdown is ridiculously loud and in places it’s gobbledy gook. still other places I can see the big fat wave and nothing is playing at all. Sometimes I hear the voices where no voices should be and the wave is a flat line. This has never happened to me before. Got the same old equipment. I’ve recorded over 50 songs. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi Warren:
Sounds like something has gone A-Miss… I remember something like that happened to a project I was working, on…

A couple of things come to mind, as I was reading your post…

If I remember, I went to VIEW and in there you’ll find Refresh… Mabey a refresh of the Time-line and a recalulation of the Time-line view might fix it…

But if I remember, I had to write down every one of the Tracks, on paper and do an import of every wave file into a New Song/Timeline for it to return to “Normal” for that project I had those issues, with… It could be tricky… Mabey someone else has a better “Fix” for your issue… Try not to be too Hasty…

Bill…

Inappropriate Volume Evolutions?

That can happen when mixing to 24/32 bits if the wrong justification is use (I don’t understand why or what the real problem is). Is this a 24 bit mixdown by any chance?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help.
I tried the mixdown 3 times and I kept getting the same exact results. It would start out ok but at a certain point it sounded like it was playing something that I couldn’t see. It would be bits of the song just not in the right place and so “in and out” it almost sounded like what you get when you play a song in reverse? So, one of the things I checked was the mono/stereo settings. Then I peeled back a piece of the track and re-drew it. Everything was ok!

Thanks again for your help.