Going to redo this song

Danny Milligan - Spread Your Wings And Fly

The above instrumental is one I recorded nearly four years ago, done completely in ntrack. I found the old master file today (background without any of the lead guitar track) and decided I wish to approach the song from a different direction. Some parts will remain, but the majority will change… think John Petrucci, and you may get a glimpse of where I’m heading with this. Hope to have the new one uploaded within a week.

-Danny

Danny - I really surprised no one has commented on this yet… some great parts in there. Just need to arrange it and put it together well. Some nice playing.

AaHh…
I’ve been listening to it …
Whatever he did to store-and-present his files, they now open and stream using Windows Media Player…
Where as a while ago they used to open in my Goldwave Editor… Now I just click on the repeat button and let it run…

Anyway, the disipline in those Beds, in the opening section of the track is great…
The drum tracks fit together very well…
Then it returns to the disipline again about half way through and stops again, toward the end and then plays out…
There’s not much “Country” in the Melody/Lead Tracks,

BUT…
it’s dannyraymilligan, for sure… :)
:p
:laugh:
I don’t know what flavor to label the genre…
Is it Pop Fusion ????
Anyway, it’s technically, well done…

Bill…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 10 2010, 9:15 AM)

Danny - I really surprised no one has commented on this yet.... some great parts in there. Just need to arrange it and put it together well. Some nice playing.

Thank you, Poppa. The reason I wanted to redo this song is that there's no real theme to it. I have a melody for the background music, but there's NOTHING in the leads, just me shredding for 5 straight minutes, lol! I want the leads to have a theme, too, not just me showing off.

Pop fusion? Progressive Rock? Spanish Metal? Classical Thrash?

:laugh:

I don’t know what style it is, either, Bill, lol! (I won’t deny that I had fun creating it, though!)

Yea Danny it needs to switch gears to hold some interest - sounds like you got a handle on what to do. Just doan ferget the two T’s - timing and tuning.

Some really nice guitar parts going on here Danny.