Got this in my mail

This morning

Hi All:

I had to post this mail up here,
Sorry gents…

Anyway, I removed the address of the person I received this from… to protect his security…

But, these organs are listed on a Kijiji board in Moncton New Brunswick,
I’d love to go and have a peak at the Allen Organ, (the first link)…
It would fit some nice in the studio…

It seems you cannot even give away these beautiful not-so-old church & theatre organs… Do the guitars rule now?
I received this message from a friend and it originated with Ivan & Vivian Hicks in Moncton. I thought you might like to see this. For any further details please contact the owner directly:

Subject: Musical Organ - Donation
Hi Folks,
There is a gentleman in Moncton who has 2 really nice organs to donate to someone.
Would it be possible to send this message to along to anyone you think might be interested - family, friends, churches, funeral homes, senior complexes, universities - in the hopes that there might be someone who would like to have one or know of someone.
Disregard the the asking price.
He needs to find a home for them as soon as possible as they are in his garage and it is getting cold. (They might meet a very unfriendly destiny if he cannot find a home for them!)
Here is info for the two organs available.
http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-a…0230759
http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-a…6649751
Thanks,

Anyway, It never seems to stop…

Bill…

I called the guy in New Brunswick…
It appears that He has received 18 calls for the Allen Organ…
He said he’d call me if any of the 18 changes their minds on the deal…
The Allen Organ doesn’t have any amplifier It’s just the console… It appears that the owner(church) that it came from kept their amplification setup for the new replacement…
That would mean some kind of Tone Cabinet, as an addition to the Organ…
That’s probably why that organ is still available…

The other organ has found a new home…

Bill…

I always a bit wary of men looking for new homes for their organs. :laugh:

UW

Ain’t organ donations s’posed to go through a medical instytooshun?

Nice gear, Bill. I’ve got a soft spot for fairground organs - particularly the steam powered animatronic ones. The tones out of the 52key Verbeek, like some Gospel work, are almost beyond audible - the harmonics are so rich that they’re on the edge of destruction :O

Hi Poppa Willis and Unsmoked_Winstons:

:)
:agree:

Anyway:

I did a fare amount of studio work, back in my days…
and most, but (not all) studios I’d go in had an Organ, parked somewhere, in the corner…
It seemed to be some measurement of the amount and type of work it was connected, to…
I always remember the sessions I worked on, if we used a Keys player, that there was always a sense of accomplishment and good session, when the keys guys offered to do an organ track on some of the songs…

Then I progressed on-and-into the trucking business…
Somewhat of a reverse osmosis…
Anyway, I worked between central Canada and the Coast…
Then I suffered a Bad Run… The trip took me over three days go get home… I had a Gall Balder attack… As a result, the Gall Bladder had to go…
I was so ill…
My body temperature screamed between 105 and 94…
Jaundice had set in…
My Liver and Pancreas was on the verge of failure…
The operation/surgery took longer than 3 hours…
When I recovered, yes… I did…
Well, I couldn’t eat for almost a week…
I was on an intravenous needle…
that was as bad as the bladder removal… It felt so good to get out of that hospital and back to normality…
Now I wish I had my Gall Bladder back OR

An Organ Replacement…
Gents…
I’m wondering if there might be
a MatcH… ????
in that Allen Organ…
:laugh:
They say there are several Organs in the Human Anatomy that Humans can live without…
I’d say…
the Gall Bladder ain’t one of them…
What a stress on what’s left of the system…
You See…
The Liver and Pancreas shares the operation of the removed Gall Bladder, in what’s left…
Well, that’s what I think… ???

TonyR:

I often wondered why all the sound-and-audio of these Fair Grounds behaved the way they sound…
I came to the conclusion that, all these Pa Setups and Merry-Go- Rounds Music Systems suffer from Low-Voltage…
If you look behind the scenes, you’ll see this truck with a Generator Setup that all the power feeds come from…
The setup is often way too small to operate all the rids and kitchen fat fryers…
IMO, that’s why all these audio setups sound the way they do…
Distorted-and-Weak, no power, and all…
That doesn’t explain why all those wind powered organs sound the way they do… For this I come to the idea that all the reeds in these machines suffer from Humidity and Dust and the like…
Can It be Called Character ?

I don’t think there’s a plug in designed that you can pass your Gall Bladder through that can make your Gall Bladder sound like those machines…

I’m just being smart… Poppa Willis and Unsmoked_Winstons…
lol
hehehe…

Bill…

You poor thing Bill i dont know what a gall bladder does but i guess its one of those things in life you only apreciate when youve lost it!

when i was in my midteens i was in a christian band & we had a gig in a disused church for local youth.
our pastor came along & anounced he would start things of by reading some of his poems out.
we didnt want this & thouht it would scare the kids away. he asked our keyboard player if he could provide some backing for his poems on this lovely old church organ that was there, begrugingly he agreed.
i dont believe he set out to ruin the pastors poems but he found it harder to control this beast than he thouht & as the pastor started droning all these peculiar noises blared out of this old organ!
it was hilarious & quite sensatonal, the kids loved it, thouht it was a comedy act!

Tina

Hi TinaM;

The little that I know about the Gall Bladder is…
It’s a machine that manufactures an enzyme called, Bile…
into the stomach that aids digestion…
Without the enzyme or the Gall Bladder, digestion is next to impossible to complete properly…
However, with the Gall Bladder removed, the Liver and Pancreas functions partly to aid in digestion… But, for those Organs to take up the slack, a good deal of stress is placed on them…
I believe the Wiki can answer those questions better than me…
I never went to school to learn how the Gall Bladder works… All I know is, after it was removed I felt like a kid of 19…
till I discovered that my age was no longer 19…
However, I’m still waking up in the mornings…
Is that good ??
I think so…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…