Gov Palin

I’ll give her a little help

First the Repubs used her obviously. And it might be a little early in her political career to run for vp. But for jerks to criticize her for her Floridian slip is immature and ridiculous. Here is what I mean by that. We all do it. We all call our country America all the time. Yes we are Americans, but in reality we are really Statesmen. Canadians and Mexicans are Americans too. But they are not Statesmen.

Huh? Floridian slip? Is that an orange undergarment or have anything to do with a broken hip in a
Disney hotel?

Well for that fact all the folk in South America are americans right?
I dunno 'bout names, they get confusing.

Hey Levi, did you mean “Rock’n’Roll” ? ? ?

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 13 2008, 3:03 PM)

Huh? Floridian slip? Is that an orange undergarment or have anything to do with a broken hip in a
Disney hotel?

Damn Bubby I want some of what your sippin! :laugh: Wouldn't ever want to see Palin slip and fall! But the rest of your post sounded very colorful! What are you getting at with this good buddy?

Oh does it read Floridian? lol see what I mean! :laugh:
Can’t trust my new glass’s now darnit. lol

Palin and a Floridian slip? hmmmmm? Sounds good! :laugh:

Don’t worry I’m not runin FOR or FROM anything :wink:

Americas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Americas are the lands of the Western hemisphere or New World, consisting of the continents of North America and South America with their associated islands and regions. The Americas cover 8.3% of the Earth’s total surface area (28.4% of its land area) and contain about 14% of the human population (about 900 million people). The Americas may instead be referred to as America;[1][2] however, America may be ambiguous, as it can refer either to the entire landmass or to the United States of America.

:peace: See there I rest my case.

So for Palin to refer to Africa as a country is no big deal. We are conditioned that way.

Quote: (Yaz @ Nov. 13 2008, 3:08 PM)

Yep we are not the only Americans, but by hoggin the name we seem like it at times.

Guess I missed the latest news.

Hi PW,
It’s not really a new Palin topic. It’s been a while since she made the comment but she’s getting plenty of flack over it.

I missed it the first go-round then - what she say? Florida’s the prettiest part of Cuba?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 13 2008, 4:02 PM)

I missed it the first go-round then - what she say? Florida's the prettiest part of Cuba?

:laugh: Hey you know your on to something there!
Palin referred to Africa as a country. So apparently that suggests that she isn't capable of beng a VP. I would vote for her if it wan't for her accent :laugh: heck I'de vote for her for her looks alone. Could always turn the volume down.
Quote: (Levi @ Nov. 13 2008, 3:45 PM)

Quote: (Yaz @ Nov. 13 2008, 3:08 PM)

Yep we are not the only Americans, but by hoggin the name we seem like it at times.

Yup, I too have been aware of that "misnomer" about the title "American" for a long time. The reason we in the USA are nicknamed "Americans" is obviously because of the 'A' in USA.
If France was never named France and was formally introduced as the United Provinces of Europe, then perhaps they'd be the only "Europeans" in Europe, heh.
Of course, now that the title "American" has been around for a long time itself, the world usually knows only US citizens as the only American.
Not only that, but 'American' may also mean 'white' from the US. Imagine, if you, as a Chilean went to, say, Iran or Indonesia and said you are American, they'd get the 1st impression that you meant you were from the States.
Yeah, 'Statesmen'/'Statesman' sounds good but again it's so generic, which is why it may have not stuck as a nickname. I also thought "Ussians" would sound nice too, in a comrade-ish sort of way, heh. Anyway I digress.

As for Palin, did anyone else perhaps notice a hint of water in her eyes at McCain's concession speech? Seemed as though she was about to tear up. "Damn, I have to go back to Alaska."
:p
Quote: (Levi @ Nov. 13 2008, 4:20 PM)

Oh does it read Floridian? lol see what I mean! :laugh:
Can't trust my new glass's now darnit. lol

Or your keyboard for that matter it seems.

I have to admit I also think of Africa as one big country. DNA (The Dysfunctional Nations of Africa)

Egypt is very different than Ghana or Somalia or Morroco or Congo…

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 13 2008, 4:43 PM)

Or your keyboard for that matter it seems.

:D Spelling smelling I always say Bubba.
Quote: (technoid @ Nov. 13 2008, 4:32 PM)

As for Palin, did anyone else perhaps notice a hint of water in her eyes at McCain's concession speech?

Yea I wanted to support a first, women in office. But the price of oil got me down.
I like her much better now that the election is over.