Great Work Flavio but

What about the Graphics Problems?

I’ve tested N track on a number of machines and the crazy window behavior of the mixer strip, EQ, and compressor are still there.

Its not a hardware problem- plus the overall graphics performance is sluggish and not up to the standards of the rest of the program.

I bought a used Samplitude 6 producer and its graphics are crisp and clean except for a few anomalies. The program itself is ok but the graphics are stable and this makes a big difference between wanting to use it and not.

no cents

Any news on the feedback form I sent you Flavio? Does the latest build take any of these problems into consideration?

If you need any further information about the graphics related problems you can contact me any time.

no cents

New builds- more good work Flavio.

But we still have our troubling graphics problems.

If it was just ME (me & Windows ME - two for one!) then I’d say YES, its just ME (and me). But its not only ME (and me) that have the problems. Its 2K (and others using XP). Thats all three. V3.x didn’t have this level of graphic misbehavior.

Are we paying for bugs?

no cents

Everyone that is having these kinds of graphic probems needs to post their config here. Maybe something common will become obvious.

BTW: I went into the lab at work last week and mentioned this again. We’re still VERY hammered, but we haven’t forgotten about you.

Lol. This shit cracks my ass up. :D

Maybe switch back to an older version.

I’ve been running 2.3 for 6 years on Windows SE and haven’t ever had a graphics problem whatsoever.
I have had other problems over the years, mostly due to my lack of computer knowledge at the time, and more often caused by user error.
This is a recording program for music, last I checked.
If your looking for something with fancy graphics I would suggest a video game to you sir.
You might even want to consider upgrading your video card or setting, since I’m shure Flavio tested all the graphics on many different OS. and computers, your obviously has something unique about it that is causing your problem.
I would take Phoo’s advice about posting your configuration and see if anyone here can help.
But I doupt you’ll get anywere with the continuing in this manner.

jerm

sorry, double post

-BTW are you using any kind of ATI graphic card?
-Have you tryed reduce the “Graphic Acceleration” to minimum or less than maxximum?

Quote (nocents @ Feb. 05 2005,22:58)
New builds- more good work Flavio.

But we still have our troubling graphics problems.

If it was just ME (me & Windows ME - two for one!) then I'd say YES, its just ME (and me). But its not only ME (and me) that have the problems. Its 2K (and others using XP). Thats all three. V3.x didn't have this level of graphic misbehavior.

Are we paying for bugs?

I'm sorry, if you thought there was a bug-free software of equal complexity (or much, much less complexity) somewhere. There isn't. There's no such thing existing as exhaustive testing. What we're paying for is currently doing it's job pretty fine if you asked me...

btw, I don't know what these graphics glitches are, never had ones. I'm using build 1753 at the moment.

nocents has been having these problems very consistantly. Does anyone else have them, if so what is your config?

<!–QuoteBegin>

BTW are you using any kind of ATI graphic card?

I think that is the case (Radeon). Whay do you mention that brand, marce?

I’m using a Radeon 7000, and have had no probs with it at all.

I know Marce suggests turning the graphics acceleration down, and much other advice I’ve seen says the same thing.

However, I’ve also read advice that says turn the graphics acceleration to maximum, the theory being, that way, the card handles it all, not the CPU.

I wouldn’t know either way. But I have acceleration at max, with no probs.

n-track 3.3 (haven’t tried 4, and probably won’t).
XP, and before that, 98SE
Celeron 2 Gig, Shuttle AB60N mobo (Intel 865 PE chipset).
Radeon 7000
Audigy2 ZS

Ali

Hello Phoo,

I’m using a plain vanilla ATI Radeon 9000 w/most current drivers. Thanks for your efforts. I have tried under & overclocking with ATI Tool, a cool tool if you have a Radeon- another is radeonator. I underclocked so low I could disconnect the cooling fan. I also tried a few PCI cards but its obvious the graphic cards aren’t contributing anything except GPU power or lack thereof. V3.x didn’t have this irritating behavior but it was obvious the graphics response could have been improved a fair amount, but it wasn’t (and isn’t ) something that interferes with work.

no cents

To the other posters who contibuted nothing, welll. … … … .

Lets see- we should never upgrade- brilliant!
Someone else has no problem with v3- wake up- its 4 I’m talking about.
Another has no problem with 4- lucky you- now go.
Yet another has a bad case of gas.
my reply:gtv98w3m-a+B0EUABH0=[BHYU=

I have V3 it works fine. Thanks for the warning, I’ll hold off on V4 for now.
-I had an N-track lock up problem 18 monthes ago so bad I gave up until I bought a new computer. So…that’s how frustrating it can get. I feel your pain dude!

I wasn’t responding to you nocents, but to Phoo.

Tell me, does this attitude of yours generally produce a helpful response from others?

Ali

Tell me, does this attitude of yours generally produce a helpful response from others?
nergle: I don't get it either. Generally a bad attiude gets little help, and deserves none.

Therefore....
Another has no problem with 4- lucky you- now go.
nocents: I have no problems with V4 currently, yet I have been doing what I can to help anyway, and in spite of that post where you told me to p h u c k myself many way.

A bad attitude usually gets little help and deserves none....therefore you've recieved all the help I care to give.

Some last words of advice for nocents -- Nuke the AMD, get an Intel with an Intel chipset MB - format and clean install WinXp - stop being such a whiner and get that chip off your shoulder.

I go now....but I will still check on the lab guys at work.

I can relate to your frustration nocents, sorry that’s happening to you! I thought that zonealarm was causing my problems but aparently I was wrong.

Have you checked your Event Viewer while your having your problems or when the errors happen?

Here’s what I’m seeing on my system, and of course I’m totally offline while this is going on, with my cable disconnected:

Warning Properties

Event

Date: 1/24/2005 Source: RemoteAccess
Time: 12:06:20 AM Category: None
Type: Warning Event ID: 20169
User: N/A
Computer: HORSE

Description:
Unable to contact a DHCP server. The Automatic
Private IP Address bla.bla.bla.123 will be assigned
to dial-in clients. Clients may be unable to access
resources on the network.

For more information, see Help and Support Center
at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

It doesn’t appear that there is remote access happening, however, at the same time zonealarm is showing ntrack as being connected to the internet, go figure! Eventhough, V4 is very cool! It’s always a fight to the end when recording or ESPECIALLY editing, I’m still managing to complete tasks. I know that I won’t be taking this program to any live sessions with other players! Unless of course it’s with a lazy bass player or slutty drummer!
Tom

It’s gonna be tough to get anybodies DAW package to run clean and smooth with a host of crap running in the background. Stuff like leaving RemoteAccess turned on, using virus scanners, networking crap, etc. etc… If you want your DAW experience to be smooth and glitch free, optimize your PC for DAW use only. Dual boot setups work pretty well. My first DAW box was a PII 450 and once I tweaked the bejeebies outta Win98SE to make it as lean as possible, n-Track would run flawlessly for up to 12-14 tracks WITH plugins. XP on my new box is even better. I’m using the latest builds of V4.0.4 Beta just as quick as Flavio posts 'em. I hit a couple of bugs…bang…Flav smashed 'em.

Lean and mean. That’s the ticket IMO. XP tweaks HERE.

TG

Quote (phoo @ Feb. 06 2005,17:32)
nocents has been having these problems very consistantly. Does anyone else have them, if so what is your config?

BTW are you using any kind of ATI graphic card?

I think that is the case (Radeon). Whay do you mention that brand, marce?
Hi Phoo. I mention ATI because i use also another proggie called "Melody Assistant". For long time the guys had problems with ATI cards because they use one function that point to a Bug of the drivers. The problem goes when you update your drivers, so i mean that there are a buggy version of of older ATI drivers, that was solved with newers.
Quote (gtr4him @ Feb. 07 2005,13:46)
It's gonna be tough to get anybodies DAW package to run clean and smooth with a host of crap running in the background. Stuff like leaving RemoteAccess turned on, using virus scanners, networking crap, etc. etc.... If you want your DAW experience to be smooth and glitch free, optimize your PC for DAW use only. Dual boot setups work pretty well. My first DAW box was a PII 450 and once I tweaked the bejeebies outta Win98SE to make it as lean as possible, n-Track would run flawlessly for up to 12-14 tracks WITH plugins. XP on my new box is even better. I'm using the latest builds of V4.0.4 Beta just as quick as Flavio posts 'em. I hit a couple of bugs...bang...Flav smashed 'em.

Lean and mean. That's the ticket IMO. XP tweaks HERE.

TG

Hi GT, I don't have RemoteAccess enabled but I agree that behind the scenes programs have to go. And I'm working on makeing this a dedicated workstation for ntrack and music. (I believe that nocents is talking about a dedicated machine.) I also agree that V404 runs like a dream, when I'm not being hacked.

There are still superimposed image related issues, but I believe like phoo suggests, Flavio is working on it. I DO know that every little thing adds up, issues compounded by another issue big or small could derail your session.
Thanks for the link!