Growing in Grace

Jesus Lives…in person???

http://www.growingingracespanish.com/
http://www.growingingracespanish.com/under_construction/ (much more under the links)

<!–QuoteBegin>

The Man Christ Jesus, Dr Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, it coming to the USA! The King of kings and Lord of lords has arrived in America!

Have at it folks.

Yeah the first time he comes he’s a black Jew, now a Puetorican, go figure.

Anyway God would have better sound fonts.

Keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Who was it that said if Jesus appeared before Jermy he’d denounce him?

Hmmmm…go figure.

KF

Quote (KingFish @ Aug. 26 2006,18:44)
Who was it that said if Jesus appeared before Jermy he'd denounce him?

No one. Well now you have, but no one before that.

What was said was that if Jesus would materialize before me and tell me it was all a joke, I would not believe him.

Get the story right bro, it will save you future embarrasment.

keep shinin'

<!–QuoteBegin>

This book (the bible) is the truth for those who are watching. If this book is the truth, then I am God.

Wow, you could view that statement in all sorts of twisted ways. Now if he starts pulling an endless bounty of fish out of an empty basket able to feed all of the hungry of the world, then we’ll talk…

Mike

Errr… nah. I don’t think so…

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Now if he starts pulling an endless bounty of fish out of an empty basket able to feed all of the hungry of the world, then we’ll talk…

Mike

Do you have the YouTube link that verifies that event?

<!–QuoteBegin>
Get the story right bro, it will save you future embarrasment.

Jesus has appeared according to the link and you were the first to mock. What part of that don’t you comprehend? :p

Are you black? 'Cuz I’m not your bro. :p

BTW is that your real picture. It’s hard to take someone seriously with a picture like that. I mean I clicked on your profile and this monster size picture of you jumped out. Man get some clean clothes on and take care of that zit! :p

KF

I mocked no one, but now you have.

You can’t convict me of a sin I did not commit, nice try though.

keep shinin’

Isn’t there something in the bible about not worshipping the dudes claiming to be him who come before Jesus’ actual return?

Quote (KingFish @ Aug. 26 2006,23:36)
Jesus has appeared according to the link and you were the first to mock. What part of that don’t you comprehend? :p

In my heart I made no mockery, only a statement about the quality of the sound fonts.
But if I would have…
Luke12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven.

If HE according to His word is willing to forgive me had I transgressed; who are you then to cast a stone?

<!–QuoteBegin>
Are you black? 'Cuz I’m not your bro. :p

We are all children of God, and related by that fact. It takes more time for some than others to get it. I don’t think any less of someone for their ignorance on these matters.

<!–QuoteBegin>
BTW is that your real picture. It’s hard to take someone seriously with a picture like that. I mean I clicked on your profile and this monster size picture of you jumped out. Man get some clean clothes on and take care of that zit!

Mark 7:15 Jesus speaks.
"Nothing outside of a man can make him ‘unclean’ by going into him. Rather it is what comes out of man that makes him ‘unclean’"

Keep shinin’

Jermy, I’m just playin’ with your head man but really… Really …get a life! You spend way too much time with this stuff. Go out and experience the world.

BTW…the world ends on September 12th so you’ve only got a week or 2 to experience life. Any Relation?

I like the remixed version better!

KF

Yeah theres got to be something better to do than go around posting links in forums and insulting people… :laugh: :laugh:

Show us the way oh wise leader!

BTW its Jeremy, or jerm for short. I don’t know who this jermy guy is you keep talking to, but I responded in his absence.

To answer willys question:
<!–QuoteBegin>

Isn’t there something in the bible about not worshipping the dudes claiming to be him who come before Jesus’ actual return?

Mark13:5-6
Watch out that no one decieves you. Many will come in my name claiming, ‘I am he’ and will deceive many.

I don’t think “dude” was actually in the text, but much has been lost to translation.
Of course a simular scenario did happen around 135 C.E. Many were decieved by a self proclaimed Messiah and were killed, 300,000 or more.
But the warning wasn’t isolated to that one event since it’s in the context of the End of Ages.

keep shinin’

Quote (jeremysdemo @ Aug. 27 2006,21:09)
Yeah theres got to be something better to do than go around posting links in forums and insulting people..... :laugh: :laugh:

BTW its Jeremy, or jerm for short. I don't know who this jermy guy is you keep talking to, but I responded in his absence.

keep shinin'

Jermy...as in germ....as in bacteria.....or plague!

I've been there and done that. You're what....early 30's? What've you done...or been...or accomplished? Owned your own business yet? Employeed 50 people? Been around the world? The middle-east? Enjoyed combat? Built or invented anything? What experiences do you have to draw on or compare to when you read your book and preach to me? Really....Inquiring minds want to know!

KF

Quote (KingFish @ Aug. 28 2006,10:57)
Quote (jeremysdemo @ Aug. 27 2006,21:09)
Yeah theres got to be something better to do than go around posting links in forums and insulting people… :laugh: :laugh:

BTW its Jeremy, or jerm for short. I don’t know who this jermy guy is you keep talking to, but I responded in his absence.

keep shinin’

Jermy…as in germ…as in bacteria…or plague!

I’ve been there and done that. You’re what…early 30’s? What’ve you done…or been…or accomplished? Owned your own business yet? Employeed 50 people? Been around the world? The middle-east? Enjoyed combat? Built or invented anything? What experiences do you have to draw on or compare to when you read your book and preach to me? Really…Inquiring minds want to know!

KF

IF you need a list of achievements to weigh the validity of anothers words; than it is by that prejudice you will temper your acquisition of information. All these things will pass away, including my own, which I have no need to brag of.

But His word is eternal, as is the Life He gives.

It’s not my words you are rejecting or trying to find a reason for them to have less value, if you look at the post on the last page.
<!–QuoteBegin>
What experiences do you have to draw on or compare to when you read your book and preach to me?

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: preach
Pronunciation: 'prEch
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English prechen, from Anglo-French precher, from Late Latin praedicare, from Latin, to proclaim, make known, from prae- pre- + dicare to proclaim – more at DICTION
intransitive verb
1 : to deliver a sermon
2 : to urge acceptance or abandonment of an idea or course of action; specifically : to exhort in an officious or tiresome manner
----------------------------------------------------------
I have not delivered any sermon. Nor have I urged you to accept any idea or course of action.
To my knowlege I haven’t exhorted anything in an officious or tiresome manner. But I will have look up the definition of exhort, and officious before I sign off on that one.

I have taken derogatory things said about my personal hygene, skin complexion and clothing and responded with the word of God. I neither added to His word, nor took away from it’s relevance with my own interpretation.

Blessing and peace be upon you this day,

keep shinin’

Jerm, I realise that your faith in strong within you, and that bothers me not at all.

And there’s many others on here who are equally strong in theirs and willing to talk about it; but who don’t try to ram it down people’s throats.

And the fact is Jerm, that their thoughts are far more likely to be listened to than yours are. Don’t you realise that the natural reaction to being force fed is to vomit?

But, you seem to be of a missionary bent, so why not do it properly?

I’ve no doubt that the people who visit this forum have easy access to all the information about Christianity that they wish, so wouldn’t it be better if you preached to those who haven’t?

…Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other places where easy access to Christian teaching is hard to come by…

So come on then Jerm, if you really believe what you preach, shouldn’t you be practising it? Shouldn’t you be standing on a soap box in Mecca or Kabul and giving the people there the real inside info? :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

And there’s many others on here who are equally strong in theirs and willing to talk about it; but who don’t try to ram it down people’s throats.

May I make a suggestion for you and Kingfish.
If reading Gods word bothers you don’t click on threads with “Grace” in the title. Don’t play the ignorance card here fella’s.
There are plenty of other secular based threads to read and coment on.

I mean I don’t walk into a disco and complain about the music.

I love you both, but seriously, your disbelief could be put to better use somewhere else.

keep shinin’

I just counted 13 thread on the first page of Anything Else, which I have not made one God related comment in. Neither do they have Jesus in the title of the thread, or religion. I haven’t made any belief centered comments in these threads why? RESPECT.
Now I only wish I could say the same for you two and the only two threads that do have God or religion in them.

As often with man, an answer to a problem lies within.
So why do you think it is you both consistantly click on threads about God?
What is it you are searching for?
Why do you keep returning after expressing your distaste for the subject matter?
<!–QuoteBegin>

Don’t you realise that the natural reaction to being force fed is to vomit?
Let’s not play the helpless victims here, such unlikely martyrs. The drama is just too much you two.

No likey, no clicky, pretty simple concept for most web users.

keep shinin’

jerm
:cool:

Jerm, I don’t think you really read what I wrote.

I did not say that God’s words bothered me (if in fact such a thing exists), nor does it bother me if people express those words, or what they believe those words to mean.

What I did say, was that trying to ram them down people’s throats may well be counterproductive.

But, you also ignored my question to you.

So, please re-read my post, and if you have a meaningful response to it, I’d be interested in hearing it, honestly. :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

But, you seem to be of a missionary bent, so why not do it properly?

If you were Ali you would already know the answer to that question.
Unless of course you suffered memory loss as a result of the stroke. :(

In that case being the only logical conclusion I will reiterate.

I am involved in a very extensive network of charitiable ministries.
It’s called Grace Network.
It’s main focus is on the needs of the citizens of empoverished nations. Along with an affiliation to Betel, a free drug and alcohol rehab.
To say any more would lean toward boasting as far as how involved I am. And I’m not looking to post that type of resume at the disapointment of a certain fishy poster no doubt.
But I will say this. When faced with the overwelming amount of wealth in America it’s refreshing to see the impact a fraction of that money has on the lives of the less fortunate abroad.
It’s not really a platform for preaching though. But somehow in those small acts of kindness even with language barriers a message does go through.
It’s not really me doing works. For my flesh could care less about any less fortunate, I know myself that well. And I know as well as any it’s not by works but by grace we are saved, so I wouldn’t be so foolish as to try and earn my way into the gates.
But rather, something that has been put within me, and somehow working through me, regardless of my own wretchedness.
I am being prepared for something much more extensive and long term, and I look forward to serving in that capacity.

Hope I answered the right question, there were 3.

<!–QuoteBegin>
What I did say, was that trying to ram them down people’s throats may well be counterproductive

Ah yes an old proverb comes to mind.
You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Not sure if that’s Biblical, or Buddist in origin. Many of them are remarkably simular nuggets of wisdom.

keep shinin’