gtr4him

Thanks Bud

Hi gtr,

You don’t know it yet but you saved me a lot of time. I have been working on a full arrangement of one of my songs for about 4 weeks now. I was getting down to the end and running out of CPU overhead fast. I realized I wasn’t going to make it but I really did not want to resort to sub mixes to achieve the remaining tracks.
About this time I came across your link to the Windows XP audio tweak site that you mentioned in a previous thread. I applied the tweaks and it opened up another 18% of CPU overhead for me. It looks like I will make it now.

Thanks Bud, I owe you one :D

Ted

Glad to help. MusicXp.net should be every Xp PC based DAW’ers FIRST stop. Great tips on there. I’ve also noticed the last couple of builds Flav has put out seem to be more efficient compared to say 175X. Anybody else notice this?

TG

Hi gtr,

Delighted to let you know that I was able to play all 24 stereo tracks back simultaneously and am now in the process of doing the final mix. There is an average of between 1 and 2 plugins per track.
My CPU usage is at 91% :p and yet everything is running ok. In the past when I got this high things got very shaky. There is a little delay in the control response of course but other than that things are cool.

Thanks Again my friend.

Oh, I have version 4.0 so I cant answer your question about the performance of the most recent builds.

Ted