Guitar lessons Poster

This poster was free in my Sunday Paper erlier this year, i’ve got it on my spare room wall where my “studio” is. See how many you can identify. You might have to save it & enlarge it a bit. The answres are at the top so dont peek! I managed 29 but my poster is bigger
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_otYkee…ONS.jpg

Tina

3 I think :laugh:

Hmmmm i hadnt reckoned on it only being women who actually notice what male guitarists wear.
So what is it you guys see then?

Tony you use that grinning bouncing emoticon so much that i now actually think you look like that.
whenever i see it i think ah thats Tony :laugh:

:laugh: The likeness is so uncanny, it wasn't worth me up-loading a photo - you should see me and the family in our FIAT 500 - you'd pish yourself.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, there was a mini uprising on this forum. The conveyance and appreciation of humour became an issue. As I'd like to spend all day chatting about n-T and music it made sense to come in belly-up:-)

Great poster.
Just a few suggestions…

knock these undeserving knuckleheads out of the poster:

Jack White

:disagree:
Johnny Ramone
John Frusciante
Kurt Cobain
Kirk Hammett
Tom Morello

…and give these Gods their due:

Billy Gibbons
Joe Walsh
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert or Buckethead
Mick Mars or Glen Tipton
Steve Morse

:laugh:

Got to agree with you Unknown there were some odd choices but i thought maybe the artist had to stick to the most recognisable ones for the poster to work . But people like billy Gibbons (probably my favourit guitarist) & Satriani are very recognisable,
I never heard of Tom Morello i had him down as Rick neilsen
so how many did you get?

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 21 2010, 6:22 PM)

Got to agree with you Unknown there were some odd choices but i thought maybe the artist had to stick to the most recognisable ones for the poster to work . But people like billy Gibbons (probably my favourit guitarist) & Satriani are very recognisable,
I never heard of Tom Morello i had him down as Rick neilsen
so how many did you get?

Tina

I got all of them except Ramone and Jack White. I look at these things as kind of like the "Top 100 Guitarists of All Time" or the "50 Best Riffs Ever"....it vary's depending upon who is publishing it and it's usually tailored to try and appeal to the largest audience, especially when something is being sold. There's probably a zillion Gen-Y goofballs out there that like White Stripes or a bunch of Shining Path nutcases who love RATM, but that doesn't make Jack White or Tom Morello a great guitarist (although Morello did have that kewl killswitch thingy going for him). Now as for Cobain...ughh, don't get me started. :laugh:

That is so cool.
Wish I could get a full size copy.
I think I might have 1/2 or so.
Some are really easy - Bo Diddly from his guitar, Townsend from the pose, Angus from his pants.
Some, not so easy. Which one did you think was Rich Nielsen? He’s have to have his hat.

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 21 2010, 3:03 PM)

:laugh: The likeness is so uncanny, it wasn't worth me up-loading a photo - you should see me and the family in our FIAT 500 - you'd pish yourself.

That conjures up a great image!
Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 21 2010, 9:07 PM)

Which one did you think was Rich Nielsen?
He's have to have his hat.

bottom row 3rd from right, looks like hes got a baseball cap on back to front.
i wouldnt say Rick neilsen is in the same league as most ofthe others but he makes me laugh & hes an oddball & i'm always drawn to men like that. I've got a lot of cheap trick albums!

Tina

Great poster…
I think I can recognize 1-or-2 of them guys…

However, I don’t see Chet Atkins, Brent Mason or Les Paul or Don Rich, just to name a few…

Anyway, I’m so traditional, it hurts…
:)
:p

and

I’m not even American

Just a Bluenoser…
:laugh:

Bill…

It is now cool to secretly be a Cheap Trick Fan. So I admit it. Heaven Tonight was about as formative for me as anything. And I still have it in the car.

My brother had In colour/Black & white, Heaven Tonight & dream Police so i grew up with them.
later on i managed to get all their albums up to Busted really cheap on vinyl.
I loved them cos they were a rock band who always wrote like they were a pop band, every album had a few killer songs on it & they had that double appeal in that Robin Zander & Tom Petersen were really dishy & Rick & Bun E were funny oddball types.
I have to say they were the biggest influence on my songwriting.

have you got any more recent albums than Busted, are they any good?
sorry if i sound like the cheap trick appreciation society, nobody else in the uk knows them!

Tina

I confess, I’m one of those they lost after Dream Police.
Hmm.
Perhaps it is time to reconsider…although I’m not sure I can forgive what they did to Alex Chilton’s “Back of a Car.” Heresy not even subtle. :)

Sorry Tom to go overboard like that, thought i’d finally found a fellow cheap trick fanatic!

Ah, I have let you down.

Let’s just say that I am very much a fan of the classic period.