Guitar slides...

Quote (Mr Soul @ May 04 2005,11:26)
I have a small slide called a buzz slide (I think). It covers 2 strings & it’s made of metal. I keep one of my Ibanez strat’s set up for slide playing because I do a fair amount of slide tracks.

However, Sonny Landreth uses a glass slide I believe & I’ve been thinking of switching.

That sounds intresting!

Maybe y’all have all the tenique and chops you need but for me, I bought a slide that wouldn’t fall off and that I could physically dominate, then all the rest of my attenion is on tenique, and playing. I don’t care who makes what or what color it is, if I can’t produde, the slide sure wont. And if you believe that a slide is going to cover up any mediacies, it isn’t going to, sorry bout that.
I’ve used glass and brass, neather impressed me to much untill I developed a little tenique.

Actually, it’s called a Lenny Logan’s Blu-Slide. I bought it years ago. It’s like a ring & it fits on your little pinkie. It’s nice & easy to use. I googled it & only one reference showed up, so it appears as though it’s not made anymore.

Quote (Mr Soul @ May 05 2005,00:12)
Actually, it's called a Lenny Logan's Blu-Slide. I bought it years ago. It's like a ring & it fits on your little pinkie. It's nice & easy to use. I googled it & only one reference showed up, so it appears as though it's not made anymore.

Ya it does sound easy to use and what better than to be able all 5 fingers for normal playing and have the slide instantly there! I wan't one! :D

I found this for “Blu Slide” in EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws…me=WD1V

Don’t suppose that would work, however. :p