Had a lick in my head today....

I finally found it…

What a performance!

Peter Gabriel == Geeeennnniiiiiuuuus (IMO)

Dude was way ahead of the game back then.

D

PS What a coincidence Poppa! I had a lick in my head too… It was my wifeys dog wanting me to wake up and play…

Yeah? I fI was anywhere near you you’d have another lick in yer head.

Whack

love that stuff, both gabriel’s stuff and the old genesis stuff. great, great, great. the only thing missing is gabriel’s not wearing a fox head with a red dress singing “supper’s ready”.

that whole album, by the way, So, is pretty freakin’ ridiculous.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 16 2009, 2:07 PM)

Yeah? I fI was anywhere near you you'd have another lick in yer head.

*Whack*

:laugh:

JDET? You ever see that "Rockumentary" on Peter Gabriel back in the early 80's? It was pretty awesome...

D

After hearing this I’m thinking that TomS is going to have to get Mary an echo stomp box for her blues Flute!
Thx for the play PW

Thanks for the ‘lick’ in the head PW… I’ve been YouToobin’ down memory lane watchin’ all these old videos I’d long forgotten about…

Solsbury Hill
Shock the Monkey
Sledgehammer
In Your Eyes
Etc…

Gabriel wuz cool man…

D

I think he was the only thing on MTV back when they actually played videos - real genius like you said.

Quote:

I think he was the only thing on MTV back when they actually played videos -

Yeah... they oughta change the the moniker to 'STV' now... "SUCK Television". Where's the blinkin' MUSIC?!?!?

D

I am a maaaahuuuusive fan of his, he is amazing…

check out…

blood of the eden
don’t give up
in your eyes
shock the monkey

and and some of his more ‘ambient/off the wall’ stuff on his album ‘miss’ from ‘hit and miss’

Geeeeenious

Ange x

Love him! Saw him in the 70’s when Mr Collins was the drummer. The gig was recorded for Genesis Live. I’ve seen some amazing stage moments of his over the years. A true genius :agree: