Hand, arrow thing

Hi all, loadsa questions to ask bit for now, I wills ettel for these two questtions please.

1) The Hand icon/arrow icon has moved from the toolbar so I cannot drag wav files around.
In fact when I open N Track, half the tool bar is empty.

By this I mean, there are two sections to the toolbar.
The top one has teh icon for NEW, OPEN, PUNCH IN and, the last icons which are PUNCH IN/OUT TIME.
As you can see, these take up els than half the bar.
The bottom one has icons for CUT, COPY, ZOOM IN/OUT.
The last icons here are INPUT VU and FADE IN.

2) I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro but when I select 24bit from the options, N Track says
my soundcard doesn’t allow it - but it does.

Quote (Ice 9 @ April 25 2005,17:11)
1) The Hand icon/arrow icon has moved from the toolbar so I cannot drag wav files around.
In fact when I open N Track, half the tool bar is empty.

1. It sounds like the Punch-in Recording Toolbar (for lack of a better name) isn't covering up your main toolbar. Resize it or drag it somewhere else on the screen. (Just find the anchor points on the left edge of each toolbar. You'll kick yourself when you discover how easy this is.)

2. If that doesn't reveal the icons, right click the main toolbar, choose Customize toolbar, and click Reset to restore the default icon layout.

2) I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro but when I select 24bit from the options, N Track says
my soundcard doesn't allow it - but it does.
In n-Track preferences (under Audio Devices), make sure you're using either the ASIO or WDM version of the Audigy 2 driver.

Thanks. Through a combination of the two, I’ve beenable to drag all sorts everywhere. In fact, there are too many icons to fit on the toolbar now!

At least I have the hand/arrow back. Anyone got a screenshot of what the “standard” is?
Reset doesn’t seem to help here as it leaves it in the last stae I dragged things around.

Thx

a screen shot is here: http://ntrack.com/graphics/screenshot_full.jpg

as for the 24bit stuff… did you get that worked out? as far as i recall, one must register specifically for the 24bit version of n-track, which is slightly more expensive, in order to use 24bit functionality.

if you did that, then it’s a technical problem w/ your drivers. if you didn’t then it’s just a reminder that you haven’t bought the 24bit version…

either way, i wouldn’t bother w/ 24 bit unless you really just want to fill up your harddrive faster. it’s useful, but only slightly, and only if you know why and how to use the advantages it provides.

hth.

Each time I load up N Track, I have the same problem. And each time I have to fanny about to get the icons on show (and uncover the hand/arrow thing).

It’s not a major issue but it is a pain. Any idea why this is happening?