Happy Birthday Buntaro!

30!

:D

Thanks man!

Don’t mention it!

What’d’ja get? New mics? guitar? ???

Doesn’t matter what you got, as long as you’re a Taurean, that’s blessing enough! :D

Happy Birthday.

Ali

Huh, I have a Ford Taurus, horrible turning radius, dunno if that make me a Taurean? Do all Taureans have a horrible turning radius? What say you, Ali?

Weren’t Taureans the robots in that Star Trek episode where they ALMOST took over the Enterprise? Then at the last minute, their “manufacturer” recalled them due to a safety defect? :D :D

TG

Quote (TomS @ May 03 2005,16:32)
Huh, I have a Ford Taurus, horrible turning radius, dunno if that make me a Taurean? Do all Taureans have a horrible turning radius? What say you, Ali?

Tom, sober, I can turn on a thruppenny bit.

However, canonised, I could turn Budweiser into Tennants Super.

So, probably best to leave all the fantasies in abeyance for now. :D

Ali

Quote (gtr4him @ May 03 2005,16:43)
Weren’t Taureans the robots in that Star Trek episode where they ALMOST took over the Enterprise? Then at the last minute, their “manufacturer” recalled them due to a safety defect? :D :D

TG

I thought that was Tribbles TG. ???

Ali

EDIT: No, wait! Tribbles were those wee fluffy things weren’t they?

(“wee fluffy things”, sigh, now you’ll probably make another “cunning linguist” comment). :(

One cannot even turn budweiser into piss. “Turn” implies a change of state, after all.

Quote (TomS @ May 03 2005,18:31)
One cannot even turn Budweiser into piss. “Turn” implies a change of state, after all.

I think the UK is the only non third-world country where it’s possible to buy both types of Budweiser Tom, but I may be wrong.

The original Czech brewery has its name copyrighted in most European countries, and the American stuff has its name copyrighted in the US and US connected countries.

But in the UK, we don’t seem to give #### about copyrighted beer! :D

Actually, the American stuff is drunk over here, but invariably by kids who I assume associate it with “all that’s American”.

But the Czech brew really is worth spending a warm early summer’s afternoon contemplating. :)

Ali

Really? I had no idea. I thought it was a purely US affront to my taste buds. I wonder if I can get the Czech kind here? ???

Look here Tom.

As you can see, you can get both in the UK, sometimes in the same pub, (that way, you can try a side by side comparison), but in the US, it’s only the American stuff I’m afraid. :(

As you can also see, the legal battle has being going on since the late 1870’s, but as the Czech stuff has been continually brewed since the 14th century, I feel that they have the moral right if nothing else. Not only that, but they abide by the Germanic Purity Laws; i.e.; spring water, malted barley, hops, and yeast, and nothing else. (I wonder what else goes into the American stuff? ??? )

And, Budweiser means, “from Budweis”; which happens to be a city in Czechoslovakia, (unless the US has one named that too!)

Anyway, if you do know any Soviet/Slavic diplomats, try to inveigle a few bottles from them, (just exchange the secret of H-bombs or summat! :D), it’s a very pale light Pilsner, but very smooth, and a lovely aftertaste, and it’s not full of gas like the American stuff.

(Oh yeah, after sufficient quantities, it makes you fall over too. :D)

Ali

Finally, some useful information on this board. :D

edit:

although this gives one pause:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Anheuser-Busch and Budejovicky Budvar have been battling in England since the 1970s. Recently, the Court of Appeal in London ruled that American brewery Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar may both use the Bud and Budweiser name in England 4. England has thus recognized that both the brewers have the right to use both the trademarks.

Odd ruling.

<!–QuoteBegin>

although this gives one pause:

Anheuser-Busch and Budejovicky Budvar have been battling in England since the 1970s. Recently, the Court of Appeal in London ruled that American brewery Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar may both use the Bud and Budweiser name in England 4. England has thus recognized that both the brewers have the right to use both the trademarks.

Odd ruling.

Odd? What’s “odd” about it?

You’ll be saying next that it’s odd that as a country who practises elected democracy, we have an hereditary head of state!

Or that it’s odd we are striving to make the UK into part of the greater EU, but we still consist of 4 separate nations who are still arguing about whether we are all part of the UK or not!

Or that we are odd because you can join the army and kill people when you’re 18, but you can’t buy a beer till you’re 21!

No, wait! That last one is the USA isn’t it! :D

Ali

Yeah, all that!

:D

By the way, talk about odd, why is Blair about to win again? I thought everyone (1) knew he was a liar (like Bush), and (2) actually cared. ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

By the way, talk about odd, why is Blair about to win again? I thought everyone (1) knew he was a liar (like Bush), and (2) actually cared.

First of all, although the election has been brewing for weeks, and today, or rather, yesterday, was the election; please note: I’ve said nothing about it!

The soul of discretion when it comes to my local political scene. :D

Please note, some of you. :p

Anyway Tom, we don’t vote for Tony Blair over here, or rather, only his own constituents do.

He is not a president, just the first minister.

The only person we vote for is our own Member of Parliament, or in reality, the political party they represent.

So, most people over here prefer the Labour Party, and that’s who we voted for.

The fact that the Labour Party chose Tony Blair as their leader is neither here nor there, because that fact can change at any time.

And in all probability, it soon will.

Anyway, it looks as if Labour will get in again, so I can finally go to bed contented. :)

Ali
Quote (Ali_T @ May 05 2005,22:39)
First of all, although the election has been brewing for weeks, and today, or rather, yesterday, was the election; please note: I've said nothing about it!

The soul of discretion when it comes to my local political scene. :D

Please note, some of you. :p

Keep at Ali! Maybe it will rub off on some of us others on here..... kinda like Poison Ivey!

TG

PS Ooh.... just thinking about that crap makes me itch!.... "Don't scratch it! You'll make it bleed and spread it worse!!" "Yes ma'am...." Sorry. Childhood flashback...........

"It's a gonna take an ocean....of Calamine lotion......."