Happy Easter

OT

And remember HE is the reason for your days off over Easter

Heh ! :laugh:
HE or no HE, I’ve been off work the whole week and I like it.
Happy Easter to all, whatever your reason might be :)

Hi All:
I got that in my mail earlier inthe week… Ain’t that great?

I’m in for a four-day weekend… I’m gonna try my best to stay offa this Board… Any Bets? If I was a betting kindda guy, I’d bet no…

I got four bags of lime to spread on my lawn… It’s supposed to help the Dandylions grow… :O :laugh: :p

The Cole Harbour clay, around here, is soo sour…

Happy Easter to you all… as well…

Bill…

Hey Bill!

I dowloaded those ASIO drivers from the ASIO4ALL website and I’m pleased to say that they worked a treat, and I’ve now got n-Track up and running OK so far, no system crashes!
I can record OK at 24-bit using the Audigy 4 SC, and use any sample size I chose - no problems.
So you can guess what I’m going to be doing over my four-day weekend, and it won’t be anything to do with yard work…
Have a great Easter and don’t eat too many chocolate Easter Eggs.
:)

Thankyou Mark,

for the advice on where to find the auxiliary channels. and also a fellow worshipper from down here in Wollongong Australia.

Jemmie

Hey, have a good weekend, all! I get tomorrow off, and I’m going to try and finish the bathroom woodwork (happy wife…happy wife…happy wife…). Then play a benefit (reggae) in Narragansett for a local college station… then fool around in my studio recording some song bits- I hope!!

Not to mention get some nice, wholesome chocolate bunnies for the kid’s Easter Baskets… :D

Quote (Mark A @ April 13 2006,17:27)

As George Carlin said "When will Jesus bring the pork chops?"

I have this weakness for the ears from chocolate bunnies… I’m hopeing that they’ll help my hearing… so I can create better mixes… :O :laugh: :p

I find IT makes for very sweet mixes…

I have this hammer… I smack my fingers with… IT keeps me from opening the plastic that the bunnies are wrapped in… I’ve heard that eventually, that suff can hurt ya… if ya keep-on eatin IT…

I don’t believe that for one minute… ???

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Quote (Mark A @ April 13 2006,17:27)

As George Carlin said “When will Jesus bring the pork chops?”

I like a nice baked ham for Easter Dinner… Can that menue be expanded? with all the fixins… to include that?
Quote (woxnerw @ April 13 2006,18:14)
The Cole Harbour clay, around here, is soo sour..

Bill..

Ha a fellow Bluenoser...

Originally from Cape Breton here Bill, I live way out in the Yukon now Bill so it's acceptable for me to consider Cape Breton part of Nova Scotia now .... LOL

Hi StuH:
Who would have known That? You’re a long way from home…

The days are gettin longer way up there now… Are you lik’in that?

And…Why is IT that we have to leave our beautiful “Rocks-and-Swamps” to find work… And …

What takes you all the way out there… anyway?

Bill…

Bill

Oh … I foolishly got involved in the mining industry… and well you know the rest of the story… DEVCO wasn’t hiring…LOL

Actually I’m at work now 21 days in camp then 21 days off. In the Nahanni Mountaing Range just a few hundred km into the border with the NWT. Yes our igloos come fully equiped with satellite internet, for any of you non Canadians reading this post… LOL…and I’m hooked up with a chick named NookNookLookTook…we club seals for subsistance living…50% of the meat goes towards our main mode of transportation…Dog Sled Team. What is it with these Humane Society people anyway …what’s their beef…or do they even eat meat? Once they find out vegetables have feelings too we are all screwed.

Anyway Bill on a serious note … the sun comes up at 6:30am sets at 8:00pm. The days are getting much longer…daytime temperatures at about plus 7 celcius now. It’s been an unusually warm winter…

What’s more interesting is how you ever managed to stay. I don’t get a chance to speak to many homies so this is a real treat.

Stu

Hi StuH:
Thanks for your reply and description of how you find day-to-day life for you so far away from home. If you’ve been in and around Hailfax, here’s a link to give you some idea as to what the day is like here, today. If you explore the page you find highway cameras in and around Nova Scotia… Play with them and see what you see. You might find this page interesting… Mabey, you want to forget you even lived over here… Who knows. And the link is not to make you homesick, either…

link

Scroll down the page of links and open any one that interests you. There are Highway links from Newfoundland, as well, that’ll interest you from around that province. Today, is a normal day here… no sun and rain, cold, and not spring-like, at all… so, what’s normal…

When you got time, give this page a scan…

Bill…

Quote (woxnerw @ April 14 2006,03:34)

I have this hammer… I smack my fingers with… IT keeps me from opening the plastic that the bunnies are wrapped in… I’ve heard that eventually, that suff can hurt ya… if ya keep-on eatin IT…

I don’t believe that for one minute… ???

Bill…

Sounds to me like it’s healthier to eat the chocolate bunnies! Now that’s coming from a bass player… but you’ll probably be allright as long as you use the hammer BEFORE the chocolate bunny gets near your face! :D

I have a serious weakness for chocolate…

There is this chocolate plant just down the road from me… They run three shifts seven days a week… There are some 300 people manning those lines… They produce chocolate for the world market place. I can tell you they produce lottsa “Seconds” on those lines… So, chocolates that are “Culled” from the lines can be had at pretty fair prices…

When you’re on a chocolate HIGH… There’s no other place to go…

Bill…

It’s like what they say about heroine: If you can support it, well, there you go.

Allright, I’m only fooling here!! :p No!!

Now… if you forego that pair of 19" LCD monitors for a chocolate fix, we’re going to have to start a support group! :)

Eyup!

<!–QuoteBegin>

I have a serious weakness for chocolate…

Now yer talkin Bill :D

I LURVE chocolate!
You ought to live a bit closer, you could do yourself some serious damage with the Belgian stuff!

Can’t somebody pay some serious scientist to come up with a study which says chacolate can be GOOD for you :(

Happy Easter all.

Steve

Hi:
IT would be soo nice to have a couple of Flat Panel 19" monitors for the studio…

Mabey, someday the right pair at the right price will come along…

I stay’d away from all the candy, this weekend… Well… mostly… :O But I can’t understand the reason for this uncontrolled shakeing in my hands ??? :O :laugh:

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Can’t somebody pay some serious scientist to come up with a study which says chacolate can be GOOD for you

Well I had the following in my email last week. It mentions chocolate.

<!–QuoteBegin>

HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I’ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that’s it… don’t waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that’s like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can’t think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain…Good!

Q: Aren’t fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU’RE NOT LISTENING!!!.. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they’re permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO . Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It’s the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! ‘Round’ is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming Whoo what a ride”.