Have no fear, the cure is here!

Oinksip

It’s an Aporkalypse!

here we go

Tha tha tha tha tha that’s all folks.

Just a note - Most of the Native American Indians were killed by a flu strain
before the europeans arrived.
And horses were wiped out in America by a flu strain - horses were re-introduced by the Spanish.
Of course neither was able (or understood) to take steps to try to avert the spread.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ May 01 2009, 7:39 AM)

Just a note - Most of the Native American Indians were killed by a flu strain
before the europeans arrived.

You sure about that? My understanding was that Europeans introduced the diseases... and that was the cause for the decline of natives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....mericas

I think you are confusing the fact that later settlers believed there to be few natives because they had died out before the later Europeans arrived.

What happens when someone gets the Swine Flu and Avian Flu?

They see pigs flying. (for Ange) :p

From where I come from, I’d always heard;

“We’ll have a black President when pigs fly!” (Usually touted by morons wearing white bed sheets…)

Well sure enough, 100 days into President Obama’s tenure: Swine Flu! :p

Coincidence? I think not… :laugh:

D

:laugh:

well now they can lay on those bedsheets dying of swineavian flu. and burn those instead of crosses to help with the quarantine.

another cup of theraflu, there, mr. duke?

Quote:

You sure about that? My understanding was that Europeans introduced the diseases... and that was the cause for the decline of natives.

'after' not 'before' sorry!!!

Wow - one wrong word and you can change history.
Quote: (Diogesneez @ May 01 2009, 2:26 PM)

From where I come from, I'd always heard;

"We'll have a black President when pigs fly!" (Usually touted by morons wearing white bed sheets...)

Well sure enough, 100 days into President Obama's tenure: Swine Flu! :p

Coincidence? I think not... :laugh:

D

You're in representative Bachman's district, right?

http://bachmann.house.gov/

Never heard of her Tom.

Here’s our Rep… http://aderholt.house.gov/

D

Any-o-you guys notic’in the BliNG that girl’s got… hang’in off her ????

Yea can’t get that stuff at the Dollar Store…
:laugh:
:p

Bill…

Bachman said something to the effect that it is interesting that the swine flu appeared during two Democratic presidencies - Obama’s and Carter’s.

Problem is, she’s…not particularly good at history. The '76 flu emerged during Ford’s presidency.

Love those folks 'mericans elect…

Quote: (TomS @ May 02 2009, 9:15 AM)

Bachman said something to the effect that it is interesting that the swine flu appeared during two Democratic presidencies - Obama's and Carter's.

Problem is, she's...not particularly good at history.
The '76 flu emerged during Ford's presidency.

Love those folks 'mericans elect...

Ah. Gotcha... Well she obviously isn't too bright eh? Isn't that the way most people (myself included on occasion) operate?

Standard MO;

Open mouth.
Utter some semi-coherent words.
Research LATER... (or not?)
Defend obvious errors or blame on someone else.

D

“one small step for pig”

“damn! - forgot the a” :laugh:

My congressman is a blue dog democrat named Lincoln Davis, but I couldn’t tell you anything noteworthy, good or bad, he’s had to say.

Quote: (kevinmyers @ May 02 2009, 12:13 PM)

blue dog

Blue Dog sounds good to me! :agree:

Hey Bruffie, what's "Tired Trotters"? When one gets tired of trotting ot the bathroom?
:angry:

I can’t take the media anymore when something like this happens. Every day the local news here helps create more panic with posting numbers of possible cases in N.C.
Only to come on the next day and say they all tested false. Panic button 101.

So stupid.

Give the airways back to senseless sitcoms, nothing real about 'em reality shows and over produced cop shows is what I say! :cool: