HELP!!! VST INSTRUMENTS!!!

I got DVS Sax, a vst instrument, but it’s not working in my n-track. How exactly does a vst instrument work? Do I have to get the newest version of n-track for this to work?

From your wording I’m thinking that this is the first Vsti you’ve used? If so try a nice simple VSTi first like mda Piano. Once you’ve got that working try DVS sax.

find a midi file from the 'net, through that on the instrument track. That will minimise the amount of potential issues. Or open up the piano roll and enter some random stuff. Get it working before you worry about the details.

You followed the manual? That VSTi works just fine. It’s just a sampler, almost like the MDA piano Mark mentioned, which is also very much worth having.

Hi Danny.
The VSTi dll need to be in; C:> prg files>FASoft>nTrack>vst plugins.
You can then access it by creating a new ‘midi’ track and choosing it from the list as you would an effect for an audio track. For most of the freebies, you’ll need to open the main mixer to have control of the vol etc and to enable you to add effects to it.

Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 12 2011, 2:40 AM)

Hi Danny.
The VSTi dll need to be in; C:> prg files>FASoft>nTrack>vst plugins.
You can then access it by creating a new 'midi' track and choosing it from the list as you would an effect for an audio track. For most of the freebies, you'll need to open the main mixer to have control of the vol etc and to enable you to add effects to it.

I don't see that option of choosing the vsti available to me. Since I'm working from version 2.3, is it possible that this function was not available yet when I got my version?

-Danny

2.3. My brain can’t remember back that far but it wouldn’t surprise me that there’s no vsti support before v3. Looks like time for an upgrade.

Quote: (Mark A @ Feb. 14 2011, 1:25 AM)

Looks like time for an upgrade.

Yep! Perhaps upgrade to a DAW that's worth a d@#n... in other words, NOT n-Crap?

:laugh:

Seriously, there IS a better mouse trap out there.

UJ