Help! - Audio output settings for WMP

Windows Media Player

Hi,

For a current project I need to have WMP outputting audio to “wave out SPDIF”.

But I can’t find any setting option in WMP that allow selecting where the output goes. I tried altering the default setting in Control Panel but that hasn’t affected it.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

Mike

If I remember correctly, you are using an M-audio audiophile interface. I have an M-audio USB audiophile external interface. SPDIF output from my audiophile box is selected on the “sounds and audio devices control panel” for the M-audio ASIO driver. SPDIF and standard audio can be performed simultaneously. However, I think that selecting SPDIF option will send ALL audio to both SPDIF and standard output ports. (Of course you can turn off the standard audio output in the control panel.) My guess is that is not what you want though, as your previous note suggests that you need to split output between standard audio and SPDIF. Still, using the right pan/left pan trick we discussed before might work.

T

Thanks T,

Yup, I have no problem with the outputs. ie. I can get:

1. Musicmatch jukebox to send it’s outputs via the audiophile’s Waveout 1/2 to it’s H/W out 1/2 regular audio outputs, and

2. Skype to send it’s output to WavOut S/PDIF and link this to the H/W S/PDIF.

so there’s no problem selecting the two different methods at the same time as I’ve tried it and it cuts the feedback loop I mentioned previously.

Problem is that I just discovered that I might have to monitor the web-radio output using Windows Media Player and whilst it’s easy to see how to select where the outputs of Musicmatch and Skype go, I can’t for the life of me find out how to do it on WMP.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Mike

btw, the reason you get your audio going to both regular AND digital outputs on the audiophile is most likely that one or other of the "H/W Out"s is linked (in the patchbay/router section) to the “monitor mixer” rather than the relevant “WaveOut”.

Ironically that’s the purpose of the “monitor mixer”; ie. to mix and output the very channels we want to keep seperate.

Mike