Help!

lost my program

Okay, here is the scenario. I downloaded and paid for Ntrack. I ran it for a while and recorded some stuff. Then, one day, due to my own ignorance, I was forced to unplug my computer. I corrupted some programs. My friend worked on the computer and erased my temporary files. Unfortunately, ntrack was still in the temp files, unbeknownst to him or me.

At first I panicked, thinking I would have to pay for the installation again, but after downloading it a second time from the site, it appears that it recognized something in my computer and gave me a permanent version. Is this possible? I do not see the 40 day trial period message so am assuming that I have a permanent version. If I do not, is there something I can do to get the program again without paying a second time, as I deleted the emails with the pass codes!

Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

I don’t think the demo expires, it just inserts some organ tones every so many seconds when you mix something down. If you’ve lost the codes, click the support button to the left, tuck your tail between your legs, and ask Flavio for help getting some new codes.

The registration codes get stored in the computers registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > n-Track) … where they will remain until the registry gets totally hosed or you format the system drive.
You might want to navigate there and write them down in a safe place.

yes Windows does remember your reg codes - you can also open N - go to HELP/about - the small screen will tell you your registered status -

Dr J

Yes, your codes will be remembered but I strongly suggest, as mentioned above, that you dig them out of the registry or ask Flavio to send them to you again. Print 'em out and stick them somewhere safe, copy the email to a backup drive, save them with your backups (you do do backups, yes?), etc, etc.

Flavio will give you back your codes if he can verify who you are but it may take a few days - if you have them to hand you won’t be waiting around should disaster strike in the middle of a project.

It is also quicker and easier if you mail him to ask for the codes from the e-mail address you used when buying initially.

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ Jan. 29 2007,09:29)
It is also quicker and easier if you mail him to ask for the codes from the e-mail address you used when buying initially.

Yes, good point.