Help for a tough day....

from my accountant

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological tests.

The funny thing is that it works.

1. Picture yourself near a stream in the mountains.

2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

3. No one knows your secret place.

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called the world.

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6. The water is crystal clear.

7. You can easily make out the face of the person you are holding under the water.

See. You’re smiling already.

Bite me :cool:

Heh-heh… Thanks Poppa. I need a giggle this morning. We are supposed to be setting a 55’ long, 9’ dia, 14,000 pound reactor vessel today… big cranes here, everybody sitting on ‘ready’ and I find out the manufacturer FORGOT TO SHIP THE INSULATION PADS WHICH MUST BE INSTALLED UNDER THE MOUNTING LUGS!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

I can see the guys face through the water… yeah… that’s better! burble-burble… glug-glug… AAAAHHHHhhhh… :laugh:

They charge about five thousand bucks for the cranes JUST TO SHOW UP… never mind doing any work. That’s just to get them here and setup. Good grief…

D

:laugh:

I would be billing the extra cost of the cranes and labor and undue anxiety and stress, right back to the manufacturer. Cost plus!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 11 2009, 9:20 AM)

I would be billing the extra cost of the cranes and labor and undue anxiety and stress, right back to the manufacturer. Cost plus!

Well Mother Nature stepped in. The crane company is not going to bill us. They're leaving them on site for another attempt tomorrow. Right now it's rainy with the wind blowing like crazy. That would be a hoot, 14,000 pounds swinging in the wind about 85 feet off the ground... Yee-Haw!

Still, I should bill them for "mental anguish". :agree:

D

Hope the wind ain’t as strong down there as here D, it’s howling with that front heading in, Oklahoma got hit hard yesterday.

Been 70F for last 3 days, front comes thru and probably be teens next week with a big ice storm, oh boy.

Well just checked the national radar and looks like Kevin Myers is close to be pounded by some severe thunderstorms.

I almost wrote something in response but then didn’t.

W

Quote:

ell just checked the national radar and looks like Kevin Myers is close to be pounded by some severe thunderstorms.

Fortunately, the 70 mph wind gusts passed about 12 miles north of me as I pondered whether to head for shelter at work today. We were under a tornado watch till about a half hour ago. It’s still windy here, but it’s turned into a beautiful day otherwise.
Quote: (ange @ Feb. 11 2009, 8:54 AM)

:laugh:"why did the Orange go to the doctors?...because he wasn't Peeling very well! Get it mum?...peeling?...like, feeling but not, coz he's peeling...coz he's an orange...and you go to the docs coz your are not feeling well...get it?...feeling and peeling?? yeh?...mum?...mum?...he wasn't PEELING well?...hehe....mum?"

Didn't know you were the punny type, Ange.
Orange you gonna give us s'more?
A-pear-antly we'll have to wait?
Lettuce not hijack the topic.
These are not punny folks. Puns must-'ardly ever come up here.
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 10 2009, 11:01 PM)

recommended in all the latest psychological tests.

The funny thing is that it works.

:laugh:
You looked them all over huh? lol I thought QC was tha killa. U Psychos!
No wonder we are all drawn to you PkW. You've read them. :agree:

I beleive that one can manage their attatude and
stress levels quicker and better if they cut 1-6.

Punning is appealing, yes mum?

Why you say we ain’t punny people? HiJack Aweigh my friends!

Would it be redundant if a pundit punned it?
???

Only if a pundit refund’s it is it redundant.