Help: Parametric EQ 1.1 on Win2k

Hi,

after installing Win2K I’m trying to get the Parametric EQ v 1.1 to work again, but I’m not successfull with that…

As soon as I open the effect window for editing it, it comes up with a error message: “Error entering registry key”.

My “working account” does not have many privileges, so I suppose ParEQ is not able to write to the registry. When I’m logged in as Administrator, everything works fine.

So: does anybody know which registry keys I have to alter (permission to write), so that ParEQ can change them?

Thx,
Banny

Sounds like the EQ is being registered for Current User only when you are logged on as Admin, and it needs to be registered for Everybody, or Local Machine.

If you are able, I suggest giving you working account admin rights, get the EQ registered, then switch the working account by to its previous rights.

Flavio may can help with the reg key specifics, but you will need admin rights at some point, which sounds like should should not be a problem.

There may be other reasons n-Tracks can’t work is not logged on as Admin. It writes to the directory it’s installed to. Depending on you access rights you might not be able to write to C:\Program Files…

If that’s that’s the case then config settings will not be saved and plug-in scans won’t be remembered. I don’t know if this will prevent n-Tracks from running though. This may be unrelated to your problem, and may not bean issue at all.

Quote (phoo @ Oct. 12 2004,15:35)
[...]

If you are able, I suggest giving you working account admin rights, get the EQ registered, then switch the working account by to its previous rights.

Flavio may can help with the reg key specifics, but you will need admin rights at some point, which sounds like should should not be a problem.

[...]

Hmm...
unfortunately giving the working account temporary admin rights dindn't solve the problem. :-(
I mean it worked with admin rights, but after switching back, the problem appeared again. Registering the plugins when having admin rights dindn't solve the problem either...

I'll ask Flavio for the specifiky registry keys and then grant write acces for those keys.

Thanx,
Banny