Help with pops and clicks in 4.0?

I’m sure it is a buffering issue

OK - I’m using a Delta1010 card and upgraded a month or so ago to 4.0…suddenly, my tracks all have very unwanted clicks and pops. I never had this problem in the earlier versions. Also, I’m not having this problem when I record into other wav editor programs…so I’ve narrowed this down to being some sort of conflict between the delta1010 and N-Track 4.0…I’ve tried a number of different buffering settings, but none have worked thus far. Anyone?! Thanks.

Are you using WDM drivers or ASIO drivers? Be aware that ASIO buffering MUST be adjusted in the Delta’s control panel. n-Track will assume those settings when using ASIO. WDM CAN be adjusted from inside n-Track.

TG

I have two Delta-44 and I´m facing the clicks and pops problems too. I had to put my ASIO settings to the highest buffer size (2048), disable the network and a lot of services in order to have this configuration working. And, sometimes, without any visible reason, I still have some clicks.

Along with what TG and Ali said, you might also keep in mind that the EQ spectrum analyzer display in ver. 4.x was giving several people (including me) the pops ‘n’ clicks even with low CPU usage (i.e., below 30% in my case). A simple workaround is to just close the display or turn off “Active Update” for it, but Flavio put in an patch in build 1789 which seems to be helpful, so you may want to try the latest N-track 4.04 build if you haven’t already.

HTH! :D

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ Mar. 29 2005,14:16)
Along with what TG and Ali said, you might also keep in mind that the EQ spectrum analyzer display in ver. 4.x was giving several people (including me) the pops 'n' clicks even with low CPU usage (i.e., below 30% in my case). A simple workaround is to just close the display or turn off "Active Update" for it, but Flavio put in an patch in build 1789 which seems to be helpful, so you may want to try the latest N-track 4.04 build if you haven't already.

HTH! :D

Tony

[QUOTE]

Thanks! I will investigate this tonight if I get a chance...My CPU usage doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm using WDM to answer an earlier question in the thread...

edit: removed. :D

I have 4.05 with a 1010 and I’m having this problem too. :(

Anyone know of a fix?

Anyone? :(

I just got a 1010lt and I have the same issues.
So is there anyone using ASIO with a delta card succesfully?

I’m having some pops too with asio buffer settings 384, cpu 1.4 ghz. The wdm delta drivers produce a lag when recording with respect to the previously recorded tracks. I’m using the older delta drivers (XXX.27). What drivers are you guys using for your delta cards???

I also replied in another recent thread here about this topic. Several other users of delta sound cards have reported the same problem. I haven’t fixed it yet. My son has been recording a number of songs without any problem but he is just recording one track at a time. I’ve noticed when I’ve recorded multiple tracks through the 1010. Someone else posted that you have to change the buffer settings for the delta in the delta control panel, not just in n-track. I’ll give this a try but let’s all keep this thread going until we find an answer.

I last downloaded drivers for my delta 1010lt in february. I think there are some newer drivers but I haven’t tried them yet.

Just visiting…

I’ve also got a Delta 1010LT and, though I use Cubase SX 2.2, I’ve also got popping and clicking going on. I’ve got the latest drivers…

This is quite concerning. So it happens in Cubase too. It must be something with the card. We should all contact m-audio tech support and see what they say. If you get an answer then post it here for all of us. If anyone finds a fix then please…please share it with us.

I’ve been able to use it with Audition and an older version of cakewalk… no problems.

I’ve got the newest drivers. :(

it’s not just Asio, it doesn’t matter what kind of driver I use, same thing :(

HELP!

I’ve been doing some research the last couple of days with the “lag problem” when using the wdm .27 delta drivers. I found these two sites which document the problem in great detail.

http://www.iasorecords.com/public_html/images/album/maudia_dma.html

http://www.slackmaster2000.com/articles/WDM/wdmprob.html

I guess it’s safe to say the older delta drivers(.27 and before) are a no go with n-track at least v3.3 (haven’t tried them with v4). Hope fully no one is having this problem with the latest delta drivers.

Quote (mrhairy @ Aug. 31 2005,23:44)
Hope fully no one is having this problem with the latest delta drivers.

I am. :(

Newest drivers, pops and clicks galore. It's really, really frustrating. I feel like I've tried everything short of rebuilding my machine and I still have the same problem.

Eyup!

This may not be relevant to the Delta 1010 issue, but I have recently solved similar problems that occured after I “upgraded” my operating system to XP from 98se.
Check to see if ACPI is disabled, and that the machine is optimised for background processes.

Steve