Help with soundcard 2496

Can someone help me with the settings on a 24/96 please?
I just switched over to Windows 7 from XP. The soundcard settings seem to be quite different than that of XP.
I can hear the music that I am playing back after recording (I use N-Track recoding software).
However,
When I begin another “Track”, I can not hear what I am playing/singing at the same time. (monitoring)

I’m sure it is just a matter of getting all the settings just right in the sound card.
The tabs in the soundcard settings window are: “MIXER”—“INPUT”—“OUTPUT”—“HARDWARE”—"ABOUT"

Thank you for your help !!!

Mark

Quote: (pianoman @ Jan. 29 2010, 8:33 PM)

Can someone help me with the settings on a 24/96 please?
I just switched over to Windows 7 from XP. The soundcard settings seem to be quite different than that of XP.
I can hear the music that I am playing back after recording (I use N-Track recoding software).
However,
When I begin another "Track", I can not hear what I am playing/singing at the same time. (monitoring)

I'm sure it is just a matter of getting all the settings just right in the sound card.
The tabs in the soundcard settings window are: "MIXER"---"INPUT"---"OUTPUT"---"HARDWARE"---"ABOUT"

Thank you for your help !!!

Mark

We need to know your system settings, sound card, cpu, OS, ect ect... Give us a run down of your hardware specs, perhaps we might have a better idea how to help.

PACO

Hi pianoman:

Many of the n-Track users use an external mixer with their computer-and-soundcard setup(s)…

A mixer something like a “Mackie 1202 Mixer” would work very nicely.
Some guys have More-or-Less
depending on their budget…
Mose of the monitoring is done …
external to the Soundcard and Computer…
with No Live Button pushed on the n-Track Interface/Screen…

Hope this helps…

Bill…

Hi, If you mean an M-audio audiophile 2496 sound card you need to use its control panel software.

[URL=http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr01/images/soundcardsscreen1.l.gif]

On the Patchbay router tab choose set H/W Out 1/2
to be “monitor mixer” then you can monitor a mix of your inputs and previously recorded tracks and you don’t need to use the “Live” button in n-track.

The sound card settings shows no Patch-Bay router. The tabs in the soundcard settings window are: “MIXER”—“INPUT”—“OUTPUT”—“HARDWARE”—"ABOUT"

I said that it is not the same of XP.
I said I am running Windows 7. What difference does it make on cpu?
I don’t want to add any other equipment. I’m happy with the way N works. I’m planning on the upgrade to 6.0.8 “IF” I can get this to work the way it needs to.
With all due respect…I only asked if anyone knew what settings were best. If I need to revert back to XP, BYE-BYE “N”

Quote: (pianoman @ Jan. 30 2010, 9:29 AM)

What difference does it make on cpu?

None, unless your running an Intel DX2/66, just wanted a basic run down of your system specs so people here have a better indication how best to assist you.

PACO