Help with the soundcard

Greetings from Finland

New in forum, but I have use N-track several years. I have old soundblaster soundcard, but now I want to buy a new soundcard for capacity to record at least four track at the same time. I don´t use midi at all and I have minimal budget
So, PLEASE HELP ME, which soundcards would be suitable for my needs.

Hey man

I use an m-audio delta44. Had mine for a few years though now, not sure what current prices might be or if there’s anything better for cheaper. ‘Fully’ duplex, 24 bit recording. No problem recording 4 tracks at a time (in fact does it very very well) but you’ll need pre-amps, or mixer-ins enough for your 4 in-channels.

my 2c

Quote (lemon @ Sep. 06 2005,22:11)
Hey man

I use an m-audio delta44. Had mine for a few years though now, not sure what current prices might be or if there's anything better for cheaper. 'Fully' duplex, 24 bit recording. No problem recording 4 tracks at a time (in fact does it very very well) but you'll need pre-amps, or mixer-ins enough for your 4 in-channels.

my 2c

Thanks for your answer. I was looking for delta66, which is like 44, but it has 6 ins. Are there any other differences? What driver should I use when recording with delta. I have WindowsXP

<!–QuoteBegin>

Thanks for your answer. I was looking for delta66, which is like 44, but it has 6 ins. Are there any other differences? What driver should I use when recording with delta. I have WindowsXP

Be careful that you don’t fall foul of creative marketing. The 66 only has 4 analogue inputs/ouputs. The other two are digital (SPDIF).

The 44 & 66 share the same drivers. I use WDM, but others have had success with ASIO.

HTH

Mark
Quote (Mark A @ Sep. 07 2005,00:48)

Be careful that you don't fall foul of creative marketing. The 66 only has 4 *analogue* inputs/ouputs. The other two are digital (SPDIF).

The 44 & 66 share the same drivers. I use WDM, but others have had success with ASIO.

HTH

Mark
Thanks Mark. Is there any use of these spdif for recordings?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Thanks Mark. Is there any use of these spdif for recordings?

Certainly, if you’ve got something that outputs a digital signal - like my J-Station for example. Can also be used with some cards for syncing up multiple cards to get more inputs.

yep
thanks for answers, now I know what to buy