Here's what I did today

All I hear is “Yabba Dabba Dabba doo” myself… but it screams summer time. :D

eek a mouse - BOOOOM! :laugh:

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 28 2011, 3:42 PM)

Snap, and then there is Matisyahu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChV5BZ8SmS0

somthing called vevo is blocking this & the happy metal video.... i told you reggae was designed to keep me out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXO75A2wGo

wow jewish reggae… that is amazing… still looking for happy metal tho!

Forget it all… Here’s what we did today… We’re working up this Florida Fender Twin Silverfaced Amp… If all works out we should have it completed by early next week… There ain’t gonna be any “jewish reggae” happenin with this amp… :( :whistle:

Great sounding amp Bill. Nice.

As for “my” song, Poppa has converted my midi drum tracks to SS metal kit flacs. Sounds good. Just need to load it up in the DAW with the other tracks and see what it sounds like. (Thanks Poppa).

Nice work mark, I don’t agree that it has to be extreme, what people write off as ‘metal’ covers a wide spectrum of music. There’s a huge difference between melodic power metal bands like Edguy or Kamelot and the Thrash bands like Testament (not my kind of stuff). You’ve got a fairly tight little piece there, guitars are nice. Kick could do with a little more bite maybe, but not too far off.
The ‘Dream Theater’ thing is not very typical of their output really, they churn out a lot of lengthy progressive stuff, some good, some not!
Poppa can turn out some pretty heavy kick-ass drums, he’s a closet metal-head :laugh:

I was that close to getting that EZ Drummer Software…
I think I may spring for it yet…

The question I have…

Can you trade samples in “Real Time” as you search for …
Lets say you want to try different Kick Samples…
Are you able to import-and-try Kick samples On-the-Fly…
????
For example…
I would want to audition Snare Samples with a variety of Toms while you play the timeline…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 30 2011, 3:04 AM)

I was that close to getting that EZ Drummer Software..
I think I may spring for it yet..

The question I have..

Can you trade samples in "Real Time" as you search for ..
Lets say you want to try different Kick Samples..
Are you able to import-and-try Kick samples On-the-Fly..
????
For example..
I would want to audition Snare Samples with a variety of Toms while you play the timeline..

Bill..

I'll try to answer you questions Bill but I'm no expert.

EZDrummer is kinda two things in one. It's the drum sounds engine AND a bunch of midi patterns in different styles. You can use both parts independently - in other words I could program in (or record) my own midi and have the engine play it. I can also use the EZ midi patterns and send them to another drum engine or drum machine if I wanted (you may have to tweak the drum mapping). Basically you build the drum track from the individual patterns on the timeline.

Because the patterns are midi you can easily alter them too. So for this song the guy selected a basic pattern and then had me change the kick to 8s and 16s etc.

The engine itself is pretty good in that it has some humanising features in there to avoid machine-gun snare and things like that.

When you buy EZdrummer it comes with a generic kit. The kit comes with a small (4 or 5) number of variations to each drum/cymbal. And yes you can audition those in real-time. To get other drum sounds you have to buy the expansion packs (I don't have any).

You get a nice picture of the kit that simulates it being played (you can see the drums being "hit"). You can also audition the sounds by clicking on the drums with the mouse.

The kit comes with a "mixer" so you can control the "mics" on the kit. You can alter panning but not EQ (but of course you could do that in your DAW if you split out the tracks to individual DAW tracks). There is a room mic too to add ambience.

All in all it's a good tool to get drum tracks up and running quickly. I generally do some midi tweaking, and try to make the kit sound different from the stock kit otherwise everything starts to sound the same.

If you have any questions Bill I'm happy to help

Have a look at this Bill,

http://homemusicproduction.net/tag/ez-drummer/

The short video part way down the page gives a good intro to EZDrummer. This looks like the stock kit so you can see an example of the variations on one of the drums, and quick view of the mixer etc.

HTH

Mark

you’re welcome mark - just for me could you send me a flac rough of the song without drums. Something I’d like to try if I have time… some fills and metal head drummer show-off stuff…??
TY

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 30 2011, 4:58 AM)

you're welcome mark - just for me could you send me a flac rough of the song without drums. Something I'd like to try if I have time... some fills and metal head drummer show-off stuff...??
TY

Sure. Will try to make time before church this morning otherwise it'll be later tonight before I get to it.

Sounds great Mark!!
Are you using n-Track with the ezdrummer?

Quote: (rockin4themaster @ Feb. 13 2011, 4:43 PM)

Sounds great Mark!!
Are you using n-Track with the ezdrummer?

Yes, EZDrummer, but not n-track. :whistle:

I’m gonna wait till all this snow goes and then I’m gonna get in the truck and spend time up-and-down the roads and pick up all the bottles and cans and recyclables I can load on and get this EZ Drummer…

I ain’t goin down the “TORRENT” Road… Can I say that… ???? :laugh: :heart-break:

Bill…