Hey, Bill W.

Solution for Dial-up?

Check it out -

TiSP

…and I love this from the FAQ:

Why is TiSP in beta?
When things go wrong with TiSP, they go very, very wrong. Let’s leave it at that.

ROFL Bill!

Hilarious :agree:

Edit, Guess this beats “CRAPPY” dial up!

Gives new meaning to “My internet service took a crap…” LOL! :laugh:

D

Most excellent.

Hey, D, you’re into Rush IIRC? I was chatting to a guy I know at the weekend and he told me that he’d recently played a round of golf with Alex Lifeson… only he didn’t really know who he was. Eventually over the 18 holes and drinks in the bar he discovered the truth… It’s a strange world. I wonder how many famous people we meet without knowing.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

Hi BillClarke and Gents:

This looks pretty convincing…
Then I opened some of the google links…

My local friends have all but given up on me…
as to why I delay getting into some kind of a Hi-Speed Connection…

The ones who are most pissed off with me send me mail with 7-10 meg attachments…
knowing full well that my mail box is gonna back-up…
File sizes that large are gonna take me upwards of a hour to retrieve that kind of mail…

Bill Gates/Microsoft has pushed me-and-my setup into SP 3 over the past few days…
The files size on that download was 66 meg.+ and then there was a Windows Media Player 11 update…
That file size was 24 meg.+ …

Gents…
You may as well download this stuff…
Microsoft is aligning the programmers into installing this stuff for marketing their products…
I’d say…
if you don’t have this stuff installed-and-working …
The latest series of software may not work on your machines…
OR…
may cause Big-Time issues on your setups…

But…
who knows that…
for sure…
????

Bill…

i once played golf at the club i worked at in the the group behind willie nelson.
i didn’t know it until i finished and saw him and his friends at the clubhouse.
i was pretty stoked the the red-headed stranger was playing golf out in the middle of nowhere at my course.
he was in the portland area for a concert, i’m sure.

if i played golf with alex L., however, i WOULD know who it was and would cr@p my plus-4’s.

(i guess i shanghaied the thread, too. i’m sorry. don’t vote for my song(s) in the contest so we can be even.)

jdet,

Take it wherever the spirit moves you - it was a goof thread anyway, not to be taken seriously.

I rode on an elevator with Donald Sutherland once. Recognized him when he got on and seriously thought about introducing myself - you know, one of those “I really enjoy your work” kind of scenes. But I thought Heck, he gets that kind of stuff all the time - let the man have one elevator ride in peace So I just pretended that I never even noticed who he was.