Hey Candians!

Happy Hockey Day!

Here’s a picture of Long Pond, Howard Dill’s Farm, Windsor, Nova Scotia, the cradle of the game -
(from the 2002 Hockey Day in Canada) :)

And a vintage puck to be used when playing “Halifax rules” :

:D

Hi Tom:
The Tube has been on all day… It’s still on… and it’s 11:40pm here… The game is the Oilers and Flames from Vancouver…

I think the BIG Story was the Junior Tournment last week, in Vancouver… The Russians brought a great Game to the ice… But… I believe the Goldtending was the difference. I didn’t see any of the tournment… I don’t have cable here… However, Junior Hockey can go anyway, when 18-year-olds get fired-up…

Hockey, is alive and well, in Canada. I think the CBC, with “Ron” and “Grapes” promoting the big names/stories, in the Game… keeps the kids interested in the Sport… The UK is good at that, with their Football/Soccer…

Pressure, is beginning to “Show” on the Young Crosby, Boy… I hope it doesn’t hurt him… I do believe the League is doing their best to protect him from getting hurt… on the ice… I don’t think the media has got to him yet… Well…

It has really helped the minor Hockey around town, here… That’s all ya hear around the rinks… Too bad we can’t get the 17-22 year-olds, interested in something… All they wantta do is, Heiste the “Corner Stores”… for drug money…

That’s what I think…

Bill…

[EDIT]
Boy,… They can sure make the place look nice with a good camera… Ya know, here it is… The second week in January, and… NO SNOW, on the ground… Well, here - in- town… anyway… Yesterday, we had 2’ of rain… The long-term Forcast is for mild weather through to the end of the month… You can see all the Boards up for the Yard Rinks, but it’s not cold enough to make any ice… It’s funny to see all the kids playing Ball-Hockey between the Boards… with no ice… :p

Next year’s juniors will be boring however, given that Canada will walk all over everyone else. 11 players returning, or something like that? :)

Crosby’s been getting it from Cherry, hasn’t he?

:)

Hi Tom:
It doesn’t matter who rises into the conversation of Hockey… Grapes says it like it is… I think that’s good for the Sport, the Fans, the Media. and everything To-DO, in the Hockey World. The CBC threatens to fire him… But I think it would be better for all to let him say his Piece… Like Him-or-Not… The -Tonge-Waggs…

Sydney Crosby, needs some “seasoning”… Lets see if he’s still around when he has stood on his own-two-feet… and got out from behind the Huge Shadows he’s standing, in… I’m not sure his “Chin is Wagging” on it’s own, yet…

The Soviet Union did the same thing for all their Sports Endevors, for as long as I can remember… The Canadians are now in a position of exporting the best Hockey Couches in the world… I think that’s what’s going on… There are a bunch of Canadian Hockey Know-it-Alls in Europe, cause there aren’t enough positions available here in Canada to provide work for them… You’re right… Player development here in Canada has reached a pinicle… in the Sport of Hockey… Remember. the population in Canada is not much more than 30 million… There’s that many, if not more, people living in the State of New York…

It’s funny to see some of the kids around here emulating the SkateBoard Pro’s, they see on TV… Only thing is, our kids are wearing snow boots and winter gear and mittens, when they mount their Boards… :O :laugh:

Bill…

[EDIT]
I forgot to mention… The first “Tubular Skates” that were made… for skating were Designed and Manufactuered right here in town… just down the street from where I live… The place was called “Star Manufactuering Limited”… The building was recently demolished, to make way for a Condominium Complex… There was a lot of History that went down when the excavators took-hold, of it…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I forgot to mention… The first “Tubular Skates” that were made… for skating were Designed and Manufactuered right here in town… just down the street from where I live… The place was called “Star Manufactuering Limited”… The building was recently demolished, to make way for a Condominium Complex… There was a lot of History that went down when the excavators took-hold, of it…

Man, I really hate it when that sort of thing happens.

Hi Tom:
I have an interest in local History… It’s fastenating, what you’ll see in Books written by local historians…

There was a great whaling industry here… You see the oil was used to burn in lamps before there was crude oil/petrolium industry…

Also, There was a hemp/rope factory here… All the sailing ships were “Rigged” with rope made in the rope factory… The rope factory was worked till the mid 50’s…

Also, there was a chocolate factory here. It’s still in operation… Heishery, owns the production now… The plant when it produces runs three shifts… seven-days-a-week… With some 300 workers per shift… It was discovered that the coaco bean, mixed with cane sugar and cream made some pretty interesting “Sweet Stuff”… Well… :O :laugh:

And… you see… The sealing industry, ran from here… Seal skin coats were popular, around the world…

That’s some of the Interesting History, that you’ll find around here…

Bill…