hey ho, I gave it a go!

well then…there is one rule which out votes all other rules, it is, the rule of rule and it’s will must be done…

I ‘bagsy’’ him next. (or as we used to say in school…I bagsy him, ‘white rabbit…no returns!’) think that pretty much covers it! I win…3/1 to Ange! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ange x

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 23 2009, 5:21 AM)

Quote: (Bruffie @ Jan. 23 2009, 5:08 AM)

I'm still trying to finish off a piece that needs a dozen wild Scottish warriors to sing the chorus :)

:)

Can't believe how much that just made me laugh!

Good!! Wanna be one of the Warriors?
:)
Quote:

I dunno if I should be proud of this or embarrassed...

I'd be very pleased to have written it myself. I think it fits in nicely with your other songs.
:agree:
Quote:

I'm still trying to finish off a piece that needs a dozen wild Scottish warriors to sing the chorus :)

And what, pray tell, does a wild Scottish warrior sound like? ???
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Jan. 23 2009, 5:52 PM)

Quote:

And what, pray tell, does a wild Scottish warrior sound like?
???

It depends...

Probably sounds awful... :laugh:

D

PS RIP James Doohan. One of my childhood heroes...

hhhhmmm I have Scottish ancestors…lets see…

(cough…ahem…)

"Och Eye The Nooooooo…Its a braw brach moonlach nach the nach…aarrrrrrr"

Hhhmmm maybe I’ve got it!

:laugh:

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 23 2009, 6:23 PM)

hhhhmmm I have Scottish ancestors...lets see....

(cough...ahem...)

"Och Eye The Nooooooo.....Its a braw brach moonlach nach the nach...aarrrrrrr"

Hhhmmm maybe I've got it!

:laugh:

Let's not hijack Ange's thread :) I will post the subject when I've finished the music in a couple of weeks. Spreader (Yorkshire Scot), Dubious and Kev will be targets for my program to get at least 10 voices on the chorus! :whistle:
Quote:

Dubious and Kev will be targets for my program to get at least 10 voices on the chorus!

Aye Cap'n! I'ma givven 'er all shees guot!! :laugh:

D

Hey Ian!

Can I do a bagpipe solo?

D

PS Whoops… I don’t own bagpipes… always wanted to though… Scotty would be proud…

PPS BIG COUNTRY! Remember those guys! Yeah… “In a Big Country”… great song. Although the story goes that the “bagpipes” were actually a guitar ran through an MXR pitch shifter and a host of other effects… Whatever… it was COOL.

PPPS Talk about a “hook”… “In a Big Country” HAD a blinkin’ hook…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkr_2G3Jlko

Hey D,

Stuart Adamson (RIP) was one of my true musical heroes, a great guitar player and one of the best live bands I ever saw. I remember dragging Beefy Steve to see them many years ago.

A lot of the sounds they got in the early days were done with an e-bow. It’s a shame that most people only know a couple of thier songs. Here’s a nice one for you, complete with e-bow.The pictures pretty much some up the lyrics for the piece I’m doing.

The Storm

I was gonna say, that’s an ebow. I bought one right away and used it incessantly. Still have it somewhere. One of the cooler guitar effects.