Hey Nixon1972/Kev

Batten down the hatches

Not sure how far inland you are Kev, but that hurricane looks pretty nasty! Cat. 3 this morning? Getting stronger?

Be sure to put the guitars in plastic flotation devices! :)

Oh Yeah we are getting ready, We are about 70 miles from Galveston as the crow flies, I think I am going to pack up our car, get the wife and little girl in and we are driving west to San Antonio. When I saw the picts this morning it almost spread across the whole gulf,

Makes you think about what is most important… you can replace all the other stuff but you can’t replace a life.

Funny thing is that it’s a beautiful day, sunny , warm, breezy, not a clue in the world that hell’s fury is on it’s way,

This reminds me of the story of the storm of 1901 in Galveston, that took so many by suprise.

Kev is up in Tennessee I think. Just north and west of me I think… I HOPE we get about 6 or 8 inches of RAIN out of this thing. We could use it.

Stay safe Nix…

D

“Wasn’t that a mighty storm”, song from the 1901 tragedy redone by James Taylor couple years ago.

Yep Nix, get the family outta there and stay safe bud!

Hey D, we’ve had a whole 1.25 inches of rain in 70 some days here, mighty dry! And Hanna missed us completely with no rain.

Yep… I was outside the other night after supper… beans ‘n taters! Farted up a dust storm and the EPA came over and fined me… TWICE!! Once for the smell and again for all the dust…

"If it wernt fer bad luck, I’d have no luck a’tall… Gloom, dispair and agony on me."

Join in Yaz! You got a shine jug layin’ around? "XXX"

D

LOL D, haven’t heard that tune in Poppa W age!

Won my High School talent contest with that one!!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 11 2008, 5:11 PM)

Won my High School talent contest with that one!!

They had schools back then? WOW! :whistle:

BTW D, Kev is also Nixon1972's name, I wasn't talking about Mr. Myers, but i need to come over an see y'all both since yer so close together, maybe we could burn some strats in a big bon-fire of my vanities. :D
Quote:

burn some strats in a big bon-fire

That's just down right blasphemous! :heart-break:

We don’t burn Strats in these here parts.
:laugh: But rain, bonfires? Yeah, that sounds good.

Quote:

Funny thing is that it's a beautiful day, sunny , warm, breezy

From what I see on CNN this morning, the calm is gone. Hope you and your family are too.

Anyone heard anything outta Nix?

Looks pretty bad in the Galvaston/Houston area. Galvaston island looks leveled!

My heart goes out to those folks!

Hopefully he’ll check in sometime soon to let us know he and the family are OK.

Quote:

BTW D, Kev is also Nixon1972's name, I wasn't talking about Mr. Myers, but i need to come over an see y'all both since yer so close together

It would be an honor to jam/write/record/whatever with either or both of you, online or in person. Might wanna save your gas for the trip to the award ceremony in Nashville though.
:D

Having been through enough hurricanes in the past 4 years, I really feel bad for Nix and everyone over there.
When I saw that storm was missing us, I knew it would be someone elses misfortune.
It might be a while before Nix comes back…no electricity, water, gas, food etc…hope he made it to safe ground.
Getting back to normal can take months…took me nearly a year.

Kev (myers):
big weekend ahead.
my son lives in murfreesbura…yep, bonfires, beer, guitars and GATOR FOOTBALL
:agree:

cliff

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Sep. 16 2008, 7:37 PM)

Quote:

It would be an honor to jam/write/record/whatever with either or both of you, online or in person. Might wanna save your gas for the trip to the award ceremony in Nashville though.
:D

If I can ever get my act together here Kevin, I would love too!
Quote:

Kev (myers):
big weekend ahead.
my son lives in murfreesbura...yep, bonfires, beer, guitars and GATOR FOOTBALL

Sounds like you'll be having fun, Cliff. My plan is to kick back here at the house and watch the game, unless something unexpected comes up. (It's amazing how often I end up missing the UT/Florida game for one reason or another. Too often, it was probably a good thing I did. )