Hey Tom - moving to Michigan?!?!

I’m trying to talk my wife into quitting it all & moving to her grandfather’s place in Port Sanilac, MI.

Here’s are some stat’s I found on Sanilac Co. It’s probably a little conservative for us but no more than this bastion of conservatism where we live now (So. CA).

<!–QuoteBegin>

Bush won Sanilac Co. but MI was a Blue State. Kerry - 2,479,183; Bush - 2,313,746. That is only 3%.

76 SANILAC Co: Total: 20,763, Bush: 12,632, Kerry: 7,883

Elementary schools - http://www.publicschoolreview.com/county_…51

Middle schools - http://www.publicschoolreview.com/county_…

High Schools - http://www.publicschoolreview.com/county_…

She’s luke warm about the idea, so far.

Well, you’d be off in nowhere, although there is some pretty nice nothing up there, Also about 45 minutes from me. I dunno, what would you do there? Fish a lot?

Oh - I’ve been there many times & I like the fact that it’s nowhere. Yeah - you’d learn to fish really quickly :laugh:

Well, then, c’mon, we’ll do a mess of recording between attempts to catch a few trout. :)

edit: or smelt, actually, given where port sanilac is. I looked at the actual distance, mapquest says it’s 97 miles to my front door, and almost two hours on those wonderful back highways. You own or planning to buy a sailboat? Can I be your friend? :)

Well this all is only in the idea stage right now. It would be a year down the road before it happened, if it happened at all.

I don’t have a sailboat.

Well, I will only visit you if you get a sailboat. :)

I talked to my wife again about it last night & it’s going to be a very hard sell. Even though it’s her family place, she’s not wild about living up there (she think’s there are too many rednecks). I don’t think it would be that bad, i.e., no worse than rural Maine where we used to live.

Well, it’s pretty far from any cultural center. I dunno about the Maine comparison. Don’t forget, we have militas. And Ted Nugent. Does Maine have anything like that?

Seriously, the upside is that you’d be near a big, big lake. Is the house on the water?

<!–QuoteBegin>

I dunno about the Maine comparison. Don’t forget, we have militas. And Ted Nugent. Does Maine have anything like that?

Maine is not like that. Terry Nichols is from Sanilac County. I can live with Ted Nugent (he’s in some other part of the state) but local militas might cause some problems.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Seriously, the upside is that you’d be near a big, big lake. Is the house on the water?

Their place is rignt on the lake. It’s beautiful.

So you could have a beautiful lakeside studio… and you are thinking twice about it?

???

I (the dreamer) would do it but my wife (the worrier) thinks about little details like schools, red-necks, etc.

Heh. Wives have dashed more than one dream…

Twist her arm. She’ll be glad you did later.

TG

PS Tell her not to sweat the rednecks. We ain’t all bad. At least in Alabama.

I dunno, conservatives in Maine like Olympia Snowe vs. rural Michigan conservatives?

Better off in Maine.

So…I’ll jus ttake the house off your hands, and we’ll make it the Michigan recording home for n-Trackers. We’ll call it TokerSoul studio. 'K?

There is rednecks in Alabama? Wowsers

SoulToker Studio’s would sound better Tom. :D