High-pitched noise

Keeps popping up

Anyone suffering from a high pitched noise (continuous noise and tone) that pops up after a while of using N?

I get this and the only way I can stop it is to close down N and restart. I also get it when I am doing a mix-down where the new wav is seen to have a big red block of this noise

It maybe clipping that starts it off but I can’t be absolutely sure. There just seems to be some correllation

I have an EMU 0404 card with a 24-bit v4 build from just before Christmas (4.1 I think)

Any suggestion much appreciated

Is it the shareware tone? ie Is your version registered?
The non registered version gives a beep every 20 seconds or so.

Otherwise it could be some other plugin that has a shareware tone in it until it’s registered.

What plugins are you using in the project and which ones are full versions?

Rich

Quote (Smiffy @ Feb. 21 2005,06:33)
Anyone suffering from a high pitched noise (continuous noise and tone) that pops up after a while of using N?

I get this and the only way I can stop it is to close down N and restart. I also get it when I am doing a mix-down where the new wav is seen to have a big red block of this noise

It maybe clipping that starts it off but I can't be absolutely sure. There just seems to be some correllation

I have an EMU 0404 card with a 24-bit v4 build from just before Christmas (4.1 I think)

Any suggestion much appreciated

A similar problem has been fixed in version 4.0.4, please try to see if the problem appears with the latest version.

Flavio.

Hi and thanks for the response

It’s not the non-registration tone that you get (I have experienced this). It’s higher pitched and is continuous in playback.

I’m not using any plug-ins in some cases. Yesterday, for example, I set up a project to lay down some vocals, for which I (struggled but eventually won) included a mix-down of the instruments into one wav and then did a load of takes of vocals. So, one mix-down wav and a load of vocal snippet wavs and nothing else.

In editing the various takes, i.e. take a bit of this track and a bit of that track (cut and paste), etc. and then playing back this noise just starts up out of the blue. Maybe about half an hour or so of using N