High Resolution Display Bugs

Hello. I just downloaded the demo, as I was considering purchasing the n-Track program. It looks like some great software, but I ran into an issue. I am running Windows 10 on a Yoga 900 laptop which has a QHD screen. For the most part, it displays correctly… but any icon appears to be messed up. It’s probably due to the program being scaled and how the buttons are themed with an image sprite. Just thought I would see if there is a solution. If not, at least I can let the devs know since high resolution displays will soon become the norm!

Some more info describing the issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900023

I’d really love to use this program if only it supported high DPI displays!

n-Track 8 supports high dpi monitors. The issue should be fixed in build 3374 we just released, please let me know if you still have issues with the new build.

Flavio

Wow. That was a quick fix. It all looks great now!

It’s looking a lot better, but I did notice a few other items to fix for high dpi screens. I’ll bet it’s a pain to account for all of this! Here are things that show up as very tiny still:

- Going to Add Channel / Add New Instrument Channel/ and then any of the instruments
- At the bottom of the track where it lists effects, there are two buttons that appear in the bottom corners when you mouse-over. Those are appearing tiny.
- The effects browser title bar is OK, but everything below that is affected.
- In the Effects Settings, the text in the left and right panels
- In Settings/Preferences, the tabs on the left
- Ironically, “Big Time” is tiny
- The decibel text in the input & output VU meters

Probably more, but that’s what I noticed for now.

I’d like to add, that when "Show all tracks full, the “Add a track button” below the last track if half hidden. It would be nice when selecting “show all” that at least one track “Space” is at the bottom so the button to add a track is easy to reach. I find it difficult to sometimes get to that button.

PACO

Quote: (ktho @ Feb. 05 2016, 9:05 PM)

It's looking a lot better, but I did notice a few other items to fix for high dpi screens. I'll bet it's a pain to account for all of this! Here are things that show up as very tiny still:

- Going to Add Channel / Add New Instrument Channel/ and then any of the instruments
- At the bottom of the track where it lists effects, there are two buttons that appear in the bottom corners when you mouse-over. Those are appearing tiny.
- The effects browser title bar is OK, but everything below that is affected.
- In the Effects Settings, the text in the left and right panels
- In Settings/Preferences, the tabs on the left
- Ironically, "Big Time" is tiny
- The decibel text in the input & output VU meters

Probably more, but that's what I noticed for now.

Thanks for the detailed report. Most of the issues are related to the fact that n-Track currently supports hi-dpi factors of 150% and 200% (as the setting appears in the "Change the size of text, apps ..." Windows display control panel). Other factors are currently considered as the nearest between 100, 150 and 200%. I believe your PC uses by default 125% which is currently interpreted as 100%, so some elements may appear small. We're working on improving support for the missing hi-dpi settings in one of the next versions of n-Track.
The issue with the Big-time font is a bug and will be fixed in the next build. You can customise the font size right clicking and selecting "Set font" from the popup menu, the setting is however not currently restored (because of the aforementioned bug) when you close and reload n-Track.
Plugins and instruments have their own user interface. We're working on making n-Track own plugins compatible with hi-dpi, 3rd party plugins will need to be updated by their manufacturer.

Flavio.
Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Feb. 08 2016, 3:51 PM)

Thanks for the detailed report. Most of the issues are related to the fact that n-Track currently supports hi-dpi factors of 150% and 200% (as the setting appears in the "Change the size of text, apps ..." Windows display control panel). Other factors are currently considered as the nearest between 100, 150 and 200%.
I believe your PC uses by default 125% which is currently interpreted as 100%, so some elements may appear small. We're working on improving support for the missing hi-dpi settings in one of the next versions of n-Track.
The issue with the Big-time font is a bug and will be fixed in the next build. You can customise the font size right clicking and selecting "Set font" from the popup menu, the setting is however not currently restored (because of the aforementioned bug) when you close and reload n-Track.
Plugins and instruments have their own user interface. We're working on making n-Track own plugins compatible with hi-dpi, 3rd party plugins will need to be updated by their manufacturer.

Flavio.

Flavio- Sounds good. If it helps, the display I am using is 3200x1800 which is scaled to the recommended 250%. Keep up the good work!